How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 27 April 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
AENA apply airport tax increase from Monday 2nd July
As from the 2nd of July AENA will apply an increase in air travel tax across all of their airports in Spain. The measure was approved earlier this year in the central government's draft budget, and will see taxes increase by an average of 10.2% - however certain airports such as Barajas and Madrid will see increases of almost 50%.
Tickets purchased prior to the approval of these regulations are exempt from these taxes increases, which means that passengers who purchased a ticket in January, for travel in August will not have to pay this increase.
AENA and the airline industries disagree on the how much more the consumer is likely to have to pay for their tickets from tomorrow. The increases are said to vary from between 8 cents to 18 Euros, depending upon the airline and airport in question.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish banks' overseas push reflects doubts on recovery at home
- Spain expects more tourism from Middle-East
- Spain's jobless figures rise slightly in Q1 2015
- Ciudad Real Airport : The Penny Finally Drops...
- Spain to bid for euro zone chair
- Spain's Caixabank beats profit forecast in Q1
- Spain's Bankinter Q1 profit up 45 pct
- Your Spanish bank account may be blocked if you don’t hand in your ID
- Retired Expats Must Prove They Are Not Dead
- Stag party causes chaos on Glasgow-Alicante flight
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Travel Insurance to Spain
- The 'EHIC' Card Explained