How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
CLICK HERE to find out more...
- Why every Expat is a scumbag
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Lorca Earthquakes 2 Year Anniversary
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- El Escorial
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
AENA apply airport tax increase from Monday 2nd July
As from the 2nd of July AENA will apply an increase in air travel tax across all of their airports in Spain. The measure was approved earlier this year in the central government's draft budget, and will see taxes increase by an average of 10.2% - however certain airports such as Barajas and Madrid will see increases of almost 50%.
Tickets purchased prior to the approval of these regulations are exempt from these taxes increases, which means that passengers who purchased a ticket in January, for travel in August will not have to pay this increase.
AENA and the airline industries disagree on the how much more the consumer is likely to have to pay for their tickets from tomorrow. The increases are said to vary from between 8 cents to 18 Euros, depending upon the airline and airport in question.
Comment on this Story
Latest News & Stories
- Corvera Airport has "other parties interested"
- Spanish Court Convicts 22 Riot Police Officers
- Rajoy Pledges to Cut Taxes by 2015
- Second offer to buy Castellon Airport "Not Economically Viable"
- Spain to close 48 railway routes
- Regional debt falls in Q1
- Changes to Spain's Education System Approved
- Expats targeted by money launderers
- Night in the Cells for Spanish Banker
- IMF Inspectors to visit Spain next week
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Travel Insurance to Spain
- The 'EHIC' Card Explained