How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 23 March 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Murcia Opposition party demand answers on Corvera Airport
Murcia's Green party yesterday called for the Regional Minister of Public Works and Planning, Antonio Sevilla, to address the Regional Assembly to update the house on current status of the opening of Corvera airport.
Last month both Sevilla and President Valcarcel separately confirmed to the press that the airport will be operational by October , however no further details have been forthcoming.
The Head of the IU-Verdes, José Manuel López, demanded to know what the risk was to the residents of Murcia in the regional Government losing the investment made on their behalf.
López said also said how if Sacyr (the developer and major shareholder in the operators of airport, Aeromur) were to abandon the project then it would effectively mean that the project would not and could not move forwards.
Earlier this year Sacryr had to be 'rescued' with a loan of 4.9 Billion Euros by selling some of their 20% stake in Repsol back to the company.
Since then Repsol profits have been affected, and share prices have fallen following Argentina's seizure of their assets in South America.
Lopez also asked that Sevilla report back on the situation between the Ministry of Defence and NATO, with regards to the on-going speculation that the required air access to Corvera aiport will not be released by the Military , who will still operate from San Javier airport.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Insists U.K. Agree Brexit Bill Before Starting Trade Talks
- Spain's 2016 deficit expected to be below 4.6 pct target
- Spanish union welcomes Vodafone Spain, Telefonica fibre deal
- What a ‘no deal’ Brexit would mean for healthcare of British pensioners in Spain
- Spanish PM warns opposition lack of support could force new elections
- Spanish opposition blocks dockers reform in blow to government
- Spain economy seen growing at least 0.7 quarter-on-quarter in Q1
- The number of Spaniards living abroad has risen for the eighth year in a row
- Applying for an EHIC Card as a Spanish Resident
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Car Rental in Spain