How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Tuesday 21 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Murcia Opposition party demand answers on Corvera Airport
Murcia's Green party yesterday called for the Regional Minister of Public Works and Planning, Antonio Sevilla, to address the Regional Assembly to update the house on current status of the opening of Corvera airport.
Last month both Sevilla and President Valcarcel separately confirmed to the press that the airport will be operational by October , however no further details have been forthcoming.
The Head of the IU-Verdes, José Manuel López, demanded to know what the risk was to the residents of Murcia in the regional Government losing the investment made on their behalf.
López said also said how if Sacyr (the developer and major shareholder in the operators of airport, Aeromur) were to abandon the project then it would effectively mean that the project would not and could not move forwards.
Earlier this year Sacryr had to be 'rescued' with a loan of 4.9 Billion Euros by selling some of their 20% stake in Repsol back to the company.
Since then Repsol profits have been affected, and share prices have fallen following Argentina's seizure of their assets in South America.
Lopez also asked that Sevilla report back on the situation between the Ministry of Defence and NATO, with regards to the on-going speculation that the required air access to Corvera aiport will not be released by the Military , who will still operate from San Javier airport.
Latest News & Stories
- Iberdrola Profit Declines After Spain Cuts Renewable Subsidies
- Spain ‘certain’ UK backed its Security Council bid
- Spanish Regional Gov't Enforces Mushroom Protection Law
- Spain's AENA Rejects Renegotiation of Duty Free Contracts
- US Pop star delays visit to 'Ebola-Stricken Spain'
- Biometric Security to be implemented at Spain-Gibraltar border
- Murcia to pay EU7 Mln in Corvera Airport Interest by end 2014
- Easyjet Flight to Malaga "too heavy to fly"
- 12.3% of Working Spaniards "Under Poverty Line"
- "Only Catalan premier can call early elections"
- Applying for an EHIC Card as a Spanish Resident
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Car Rental in Spain