How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 14 April 2014
- The Vegetarian Barbeque and the Unholy Sex
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Murcia Opposition party demand answers on Corvera Airport
Murcia's Green party yesterday called for the Regional Minister of Public Works and Planning, Antonio Sevilla, to address the Regional Assembly to update the house on current status of the opening of Corvera airport.
Last month both Sevilla and President Valcarcel separately confirmed to the press that the airport will be operational by October , however no further details have been forthcoming.
The Head of the IU-Verdes, José Manuel López, demanded to know what the risk was to the residents of Murcia in the regional Government losing the investment made on their behalf.
López said also said how if Sacyr (the developer and major shareholder in the operators of airport, Aeromur) were to abandon the project then it would effectively mean that the project would not and could not move forwards.
Earlier this year Sacryr had to be 'rescued' with a loan of 4.9 Billion Euros by selling some of their 20% stake in Repsol back to the company.
Since then Repsol profits have been affected, and share prices have fallen following Argentina's seizure of their assets in South America.
Lopez also asked that Sevilla report back on the situation between the Ministry of Defence and NATO, with regards to the on-going speculation that the required air access to Corvera aiport will not be released by the Military , who will still operate from San Javier airport.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Unemployment to take decade to recover
- Less vehicles in Spain travel toll roads
- Spain approves coal subsidies ahead of shutdowns
- Spain’s roads in worst condition since 1985
- Study reveals food and family main reasons behind expat repatriation
- Guardia Civil 'Brit Torturers' face 26 years
- Independent Catalaonia would not become EU member : Brussels
- Five Spanish regions top EU unemployment table for 2013
- Bank of Spain denies report of stress tests this month
- Expats capitalising on rising UK house prices
- Applying for an EHIC Card as a Spanish Resident
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Car Rental in Spain