How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Wednesday 6 May 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
EC to investigate Spanish airport tax hike
The European Commission is to investigate the increase in taxes at El Prat and Barajas airports, to see if they are in breach of EC law, according to the transport commissioner, Siim Kallas.
The commissioner was responding to a written question by the CiU MEP, Ramon Tremosa.
Tremosa asked the EC if the tax increase should be applied equally for all airports, and if the traffic at both airports has increased sufficiently over the course of the year to justify such a rate.
The commissioner confirmed that Spain must apply the directive on airport charges, which states that "Airport users should consult on the amount and the fee system applied at airports with over 5 million passengers per year, or at least for the largest airport in each country".
These regulations basically allow each country to make it's own decisions concerning taxes applied at airports, providing there is "a common and transparent airport charging system to cover the airport network," said Kallas.
"By definition, a network of airports is the possibility of financial transfers between them", which states that the operation of a network does not invalidate the need for the managing body give full information to users about the structure cost of aviation infrastructure.
Latest News & Stories
- Kebab Law Threatens Muslim Businesses in Spain .
- Spain's services sector grows at fastest pace in 8 years in April
- Spain registered jobless down in April
- Brussels raises Spanish 2015 growth forecast to 2.8%
- Lycamobile Spain launches first unlimited calls tariff
- Spain new car sales rise 3.2 pct y/y in April
- Spainís AVE high-speed train breaks ticket records over May 1 weekend
- Tourists to Spain spend most money on fashion
- Spain building licence awards points to property recovery
- Spain's top Golf destinations driving property recovery
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Travel Insurance to Spain
- Capital Gains Tax in Spain
- Duty Free Allowances