How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 9 December 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain Has Specific ‘Problems' With Banks
Spain has specific problems with its banking industry and should recapitalize lenders through the European stabilization fund, known as EFSF, German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble told El Pais in an interview.
Europe won't be able to set up a banking supervisor this year that could oversee aid sent directly to Spanish banks with the help of the European Central Bank, Schaeuble told the newspaper.
Funds that are channeled through the EFSF will be loans and not donations and will count towards Spanish debt even though they come with soft terms, Schaeuble told the newspaper.
To talk about what happens when the European banking supervisor is up and running would be "building castles in the sky" and officials need to work within the existing regulatory framework, he told El Pais. Spain is doing what it needs to and speculation about whether the country will require a full bailout is irresponsible, Schaeuble said.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain’s struggling Socialists could have a new leader by summer
- Lycamobile Spain unlimited calls, 3GB bundle down to EUR 10
- Apple Pay launches in Spain
- Spain detains 30 in operation targetting illegal firearms
- Spain's Tuenti launches festive promo, offers 4GB for EUR 14
- Two left dead by torrential rains and flooding in southern Spain
- Spanish unemployment sees first November rise in three years