How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Wednesday 22 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Legionella outbreak hits Calpe hotel (again !)
The Department of Health has reported three new cases of Legionaires disease at the Diamante Beach Hotel in Calpe.
This follows an outbreak at the same Hotel in February of this year which caused the deaths of 2 foreign visitors and the hospitalisation of a further 10.
The regional Minister of Health confirmed that this now takes the total number of those effected in this second outbreak up to 11 : 4 are Belgian - of which 3 of them have already returned home - 4 of them are local residents and a further 3 of them are residents of the region.
The Minister went on to highlight that this latest outbreak was 'isolated' and that the town has 'taken all reasonable steps' to control the spread of the infection.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain to invest €864m in ports in 2015
- PP seeks to legalise spot deportations of illegal immigrants
- Catalan Finance Chief Open to 'Scottish Solution' in Spain
- Spain sees foreign visitor numbers up 7.4% 2014 y-t-d
- Iberdrola Profit Declines After Spain Cuts Renewable Subsidies
- Spain ‘certain’ UK backed its Security Council bid
- Spanish Regional Gov't Enforces Mushroom Protection Law
- Spain's AENA Rejects Renegotiation of Duty Free Contracts
- US Pop star delays visit to 'Ebola-Stricken Spain'
- Biometric Security to be implemented at Spain-Gibraltar border
- Applying for an EHIC Card as a Spanish Resident
- Travel Insurance to Spain
- How to Apply for Free State Healthcare in Spain
- The 'EHIC' Card Explained
- Medical Emergencies & Pharmacies