How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Tuesday 21 April 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
FROB accuse former Banco de Valencia executives of fraud
The former Executives of the Banco de Valencia, taken over by the Bank of Spain following 2011 stress-tests, have been accused of fraud and mismanagement by the Fund for Orderly Bank Restructuring (FROB).
It is also alleged that the Bank's former CEO Domingo Parra, paid his paid his former executives Aurelio Izquierdo and Eugenio Calabuig a total of €12 million euros in 'backhanders'.
According to the statement issued by FROB, Parra has participated in a series of operations "of dubious economic rationality" to the detriment of the Banco de Valencia.
Accusations have also been made against Aurelio Izquierdo, who was appointed as the CEO of the Bank to replace Parra in October 2011.
FROB is taking the Executives to the National Court to account for a total of €137 million euros of public money which never found it's way to the Bank's coffers.
Latest News & Stories
- Stag party causes chaos on Glasgow-Alicante flight
- Tax Agency uncovers €20 billion of Spanish capital in Switzerland
- Spanish GDP will not return to pre-crisis levels until 2017 : IMF
- Spain Not Doing Enough to Clean Sunken Trawler Fuel Leakage - Greenpeace
- Spain to publish list of tax-debtors
- Murcia's San Javier Aiport : Not the best of legacies for Corvera
- Orange Spain invests EUR 30 mln in Seville 4G rollout
- Spain inaugurates Galicia high-speed line
- Spain's PP seen losing Valencia seats in Elections
- Spanish Mortgage lending expected to boost house prices in 2015
- How and where to complain about my Bank in Spain
- Bank guarantees - when things go wrong
- Bank Charges in Spain