How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 26 August 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
FROB accuse former Banco de Valencia executives of fraud
The former Executives of the Banco de Valencia, taken over by the Bank of Spain following 2011 stress-tests, have been accused of fraud and mismanagement by the Fund for Orderly Bank Restructuring (FROB).
It is also alleged that the Bank's former CEO Domingo Parra, paid his paid his former executives Aurelio Izquierdo and Eugenio Calabuig a total of €12 million euros in 'backhanders'.
According to the statement issued by FROB, Parra has participated in a series of operations "of dubious economic rationality" to the detriment of the Banco de Valencia.
Accusations have also been made against Aurelio Izquierdo, who was appointed as the CEO of the Bank to replace Parra in October 2011.
FROB is taking the Executives to the National Court to account for a total of €137 million euros of public money which never found it's way to the Bank's coffers.
Latest News & Stories
- 1,785 Spanish Drivers apprehended for Drink and Drugs in 3 days
- Spanish retail sales rise 4.9% on year in July
- Vodafone Spain to offer fibre in 750,000 more homes by Dec
- Spanish economy powers ahead as politicians dither
- Socialists to propose law change in bid to avoid Christmas Day elections
- Vodafone Spain expands 4G roaming to 100 countries
- Public works contracts fall by 20% due to political impasse and deficit reduction
- 24 arrested in Spain in joint EU operation against child pornography
- PP accepts Ciudadanos’ demand for further-reaching corruption measures
- Gibraltar signs LNG deal with Shell to combat electricity shortages
- How and where to complain about my Bank in Spain
- Bank guarantees - when things go wrong
- Bank Charges in Spain