How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
FROB accuse former Banco de Valencia executives of fraud
The former Executives of the Banco de Valencia, taken over by the Bank of Spain following 2011 stress-tests, have been accused of fraud and mismanagement by the Fund for Orderly Bank Restructuring (FROB).
It is also alleged that the Bank's former CEO Domingo Parra, paid his paid his former executives Aurelio Izquierdo and Eugenio Calabuig a total of €12 million euros in 'backhanders'.
According to the statement issued by FROB, Parra has participated in a series of operations "of dubious economic rationality" to the detriment of the Banco de Valencia.
Accusations have also been made against Aurelio Izquierdo, who was appointed as the CEO of the Bank to replace Parra in October 2011.
FROB is taking the Executives to the National Court to account for a total of €137 million euros of public money which never found it's way to the Bank's coffers.
Latest News & Stories
- Repsol to start searching for oil off Canary Islands coast by end of year
- eBay's StubHub sting ringleader detained in Spain
- More than 1,000 would-be migrants attempt Melilla fence jump
- Vodafone, Orange update FTTH agreement following Ono deal
- Iberdrola Profit Drops as Spain Renewable Subsidy Cuts Hit
- Bank of Spain Says Growth Accelerated in Q2
- Spain's Prado loses 885 peices of art
- BBVA expects profit boost from Catalunya Banc purchase
- Spain sets rules for dealing with unaccompanied foreign children
- Catalan Separatists Say Debt Investors Can Help Campaign
- How and where to complain about my Bank in Spain
- Bank guarantees - when things go wrong
- Bank Charges in Spain