How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 27 May 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
FROB accuse former Banco de Valencia executives of fraud
The former Executives of the Banco de Valencia, taken over by the Bank of Spain following 2011 stress-tests, have been accused of fraud and mismanagement by the Fund for Orderly Bank Restructuring (FROB).
It is also alleged that the Bank's former CEO Domingo Parra, paid his paid his former executives Aurelio Izquierdo and Eugenio Calabuig a total of €12 million euros in 'backhanders'.
According to the statement issued by FROB, Parra has participated in a series of operations "of dubious economic rationality" to the detriment of the Banco de Valencia.
Accusations have also been made against Aurelio Izquierdo, who was appointed as the CEO of the Bank to replace Parra in October 2011.
FROB is taking the Executives to the National Court to account for a total of €137 million euros of public money which never found it's way to the Bank's coffers.
Latest News & Stories
- Facebook and Microsoft to install “megacable” between Spain and US
- Vodafone Spain to start offering Telefonica indirect fibre
- Spain arrests 30 suspected of laundering money in bitcoin centres
- Passenger flight dodges three drones before landing in Bilbao
- Almost 30% of Spaniards at risk of poverty or social exclusion
- Spain tops euro zone for political risk to the economy, says ECB
- 30 arrests in Spain for pay-TV piracy
- Spain's centre-right PP to strengthen position in election - poll
- Popular Party faces freeze on assets if it fails to pay €1.2m civil bond
- How and where to complain about my Bank in Spain
- Bank guarantees - when things go wrong
- Bank Charges in Spain