How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 28 May 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Finland may get Spain bank shares as loan guarantee
Finland is in talks to get shares in Spanish banks in exchange for the Nordic country’s contribution to a bailout agreed last month, Finance Minister Jutta Urpilainen said.
“We’ve discussed the option of bank shares,” Urpilainen said in an interview on state-owned broadcaster YLE TV1 yesterday. “There are several different alternatives and it’s still impossible to say what the concrete model for collateral will be.”
Finland wants the collateral in exchange for loans to Spain paid from Europe’s temporary rescue fund to shield its taxpayers from losses. Urpilainen only has a few weeks in which to strike a deal as the first installment of Spain’s rescue is due to be paid this month. Euro-area finance ministers this week decided Spain will get the first 30 billion euros in July.
“The collateral talks with Spain are ongoing and the timetable is challenging,” Urpilainen said.
Other euro members “have no alternative but to accept” Finland’s collateral demand, she said. “Finland participates only on the condition that it gets collateral.”
Latest News & Stories
- Rato accused of giving children €2.5m to avoid bond
- Spain 3rd most popular destination for expat Brits
- Spanish air traffic controllers call four partial strikes
- Spain revises percentage of population at risk of poverty to 29%
- Spain overturns Andalusian anti-eviction law
- Amazon starts paying Spanish corporate tax on retail sales
- EU Nationals resident in UK denied referendum vote
- Vodafone Spain to increase fibre optic speed to 300 Mbps
- Catalan Independence Bid Hit by Podemos’s Barcelona Win
- Spain's ruling PP gets worst local election result in 20 years
- Applying for an EHIC Card as a Spanish Resident
- Applying for Residential Status ( Residencia) - Non- EU Citizens
- Applying for Residential status (Residencia) - EU Citizens