How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 30 January 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Finland may get Spain bank shares as loan guarantee
Finland is in talks to get shares in Spanish banks in exchange for the Nordic country’s contribution to a bailout agreed last month, Finance Minister Jutta Urpilainen said.
“We’ve discussed the option of bank shares,” Urpilainen said in an interview on state-owned broadcaster YLE TV1 yesterday. “There are several different alternatives and it’s still impossible to say what the concrete model for collateral will be.”
Finland wants the collateral in exchange for loans to Spain paid from Europe’s temporary rescue fund to shield its taxpayers from losses. Urpilainen only has a few weeks in which to strike a deal as the first installment of Spain’s rescue is due to be paid this month. Euro-area finance ministers this week decided Spain will get the first 30 billion euros in July.
“The collateral talks with Spain are ongoing and the timetable is challenging,” Urpilainen said.
Other euro members “have no alternative but to accept” Finland’s collateral demand, she said. “Finland participates only on the condition that it gets collateral.”
Latest News & Stories
- Spain sees average electricity bill increase 13.3% Jan-Dec 2014
- 100,000 people march in Madrid to support Podemos party
- Air Europa "Interested in Flying to Castellon Airport"
- Spain considers forcing trucks onto toll roads
- Rajoy : "Spain is the Sick Man of Europe"
- Podemos to March through Madrid Saturday
- Spanish growth accelerates
- Rajoy seeks to finalize anti-terrorist agreement with PSOE
- Spanish Airports to see 25 days of strike action
- Islamisation "Stronger in Spain than Germany"
- Applying for an EHIC Card as a Spanish Resident
- Applying for Residential Status ( Residencia) - Non- EU Citizens
- Applying for Residential status (Residencia) - EU Citizens