How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 01 September 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
The word "Espanglish" enters Spanish Dictionary in the US
"Espanglish” will finally be recognised as an official word in the new edition of the Dictionary of the Royal Academy of the Spanish Language, according to the North American Academy of the Spanish Language.
The 2014 edition of the Dictionary will define the word "Espanglish" as “a form of speech used by some Hispanic groups in the United States, in which they mix deformed elements of vocabulary and grammar from both Spanish and English.”
Academy director Gerardo Piña-Rosales said the fact that United-Statesisms appear in the DRAE for the first time represents a victory for his institution.
Having determined that more than 90 percent of Spanish-speakers live in the Americas, the Royal Academy of the Spanish Language gathers contributions from all the academies to include in the dictionary.
The UK's Oxford English Dictionary has already listed the word "Spanglish" for a number of years now, with the definition being " noun [mass noun] : a hybrid language combining words and idioms from both Spanish and English: Martinez switched back and forth from English to Spanish to Spanglish".
Latest News & Stories
- Spain new car sales up 13.7 pct yr/yr in August
- AENA blames this weekend's flight delays on computer crash
- Britain's Barclays to sell Spanish assets to Caixabank
- Corvera Airline Deadline Slips Again, Airline Confirms Interest
- Civil Guards suspected of stealing pro-independence Catalan flag
- Ryanair eyes stake in Spanish Airports listing
- Gibraltar "Costs Spain EU1 Bln per year in Taxes"
- Bank of Spain : Current Account Balance Plummets in June y-on-y
- Spain Cleric : "Death to the Jews"
- Spain Fears Deflation