How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 1 December 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
The word "Espanglish" enters Spanish Dictionary in the US
"Espanglish" will finally be recognised as an official word in the new edition of the Dictionary of the Royal Academy of the Spanish Language, according to the North American Academy of the Spanish Language.
The 2014 edition of the Dictionary will define the word "Espanglish" as "a form of speech used by some Hispanic groups in the United States, in which they mix deformed elements of vocabulary and grammar from both Spanish and English."
Academy director Gerardo Piña-Rosales said the fact that United-Statesisms appear in the DRAE for the first time represents a victory for his institution.
Having determined that more than 90 percent of Spanish-speakers live in the Americas, the Royal Academy of the Spanish Language gathers contributions from all the academies to include in the dictionary.
The UK's Oxford English Dictionary has already listed the word "Spanglish" for a number of years now, with the definition being " noun [mass noun] : a hybrid language combining words and idioms from both Spanish and English: Martinez switched back and forth from English to Spanish to Spanglish".
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish unemployment sees first November rise in three years
- US developer planning mega-resort outside Madrid
- Spain to hike taxes on tobacco, alcohol and soft drinks to raise €8 billion
- Spain PM says must maintain policy of fiscal consolidation
- Bullish Spanish opposition calls on government to repeal “gag law”
- Spain's consumer prices rise 0.7 pct in Oct
- Lidl opens pop-up restaurant in Madrid
- Spanish economy to maintain growth rate in fourth quarter - economy minister
- 80% of Spaniards aged under 30 are still living with their parents
- Why does Spain collect less income tax than its EU neighbors ?