How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 27 November 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
The word "Espanglish" enters Spanish Dictionary in the US
"Espanglish” will finally be recognised as an official word in the new edition of the Dictionary of the Royal Academy of the Spanish Language, according to the North American Academy of the Spanish Language.
The 2014 edition of the Dictionary will define the word "Espanglish" as “a form of speech used by some Hispanic groups in the United States, in which they mix deformed elements of vocabulary and grammar from both Spanish and English.”
Academy director Gerardo Piña-Rosales said the fact that United-Statesisms appear in the DRAE for the first time represents a victory for his institution.
Having determined that more than 90 percent of Spanish-speakers live in the Americas, the Royal Academy of the Spanish Language gathers contributions from all the academies to include in the dictionary.
The UK's Oxford English Dictionary has already listed the word "Spanglish" for a number of years now, with the definition being " noun [mass noun] : a hybrid language combining words and idioms from both Spanish and English: Martinez switched back and forth from English to Spanish to Spanglish".
Latest News & Stories
- Premursa confirm grant award for Paramount Murcia
- Unsold Spanish Property Falls by 50%
- Thousands Rally in Anti-War & Terror Protest in Spain
- Spain arrests three suspected jihadists
- Spain's Rajoy vows to cut tax, create jobs if re-elected
- The successes and failures of Spain’s fight against domestic abuse
- Murcia allocates budget to Corvera Airport
- Fabian Picardo re-elected as Gibraltar chief minister by a landslide
- EU General Court declares Spanish DTT subsidies illegal
- Spain's largest ever corporate bankruptcy ?