How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Tuesday 30 August 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain property prices continue to fall
The average price per square meter of Spanish residential property stood at 1606.40 at the end of June, with a quarterly fall of 2.6% and 8.3% year on year.
According to the report issued by the Ministry of Development, the average price per square meter has fallen 23.6% since its peak in Q1 of 2008. where prices were slightly above the 2'000 mark.
Meanwhile, the average price per square meter of properties for sale up to 2 years old stood at 1,645.0, with a variation in decline of 7.1%.
The cost of resale properties over 2 years old reached an average of 1593.3 per square meter, down 8.4% year on year.
The average price per square meter of all properties in Spain was 1157.10, almost the same as in Q1 of 2012. The variation over the same quarter of 2011 shows a fall of 0.4%.
The average cost of Spanish Property throughout the whole of the country during Q2 of 2012 came to 85,911, representing a deccrease of 2.0% compared to Q1 of 2012.
The report - which depicted an average national decrease of -8.3% - went on to show the results by region : Andalusia and Catalonia both saw decreases of 10.8%; Madrid -9.7%; Aragon -8.9%; and Valencia -8.4%.
Regions which fell below the average are Cantabria (-0.6%), Ceuta and Melilla (-2.0%), Basque (-2.4%), Murcia (-5.4%), La Rioja (-5.6%), Navarra (-5.8%), Asturias (-6.0%), Castilla y Leσn (-6.2%), Extremadura (-6.7%), Canary (- 6.8%), Galicia (-7.1%), Baleares (-7.1%) and Castilla La Mancha (-7.3%).
The highest property prices in municipalities with more than 25,000 residents were in San Sebastian, 3856.7 /m2, Getxo 3282.0 /m2, Leioa, 2935.0 /m2, Majadahonda, 2923.6 / m2, Renteria, 2780.3 /m2 and El Prat de Llobregat with 2755.5 /m2.
The lowest property prices for municpalities with more than 25,000 inhabitants were Elda 736.8 /m2, Tomelloso 740.4 / m2, Crevillent 740.6 /m2, Hellin, 744.8 per m2 and Villarrobledo, 746.8 per m2.
Latest News & Stories
- Iberdrola Announces 8 Million Smart Meters Installed In Spain
- No is no, Socialist nominee tells Spanish PM at brief meeting
- Twitter Spain launches Rajoy emoji
- Spain's Socialists say no to Rajoy, prolonging political deadlock
- Spain sees Tourist spend per head at 15 year low
- Spanish Jihadist chatter on the rise say experts, with sights set on Spain
- Spain starts countdown to possible third national election in year
- 1,785 Spanish Drivers apprehended for Drink and Drugs in 3 days
- Spanish retail sales rise 4.9% on year in July
- Vodafone Spain to offer fibre in 750,000 more homes by Dec
- Complementary Taxes
- Buying from an Estate Agent vs a Property Finder
- An Introduction to Alternative Property Purchase Schemes