How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 19 September 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Cost of dying in Spain increases by over 13%
With the majority of the headlines focussing on the increase of the rate of IVA last week, it seems that the fact of a number of services being re-categorised from the 'reduced rate' to the 'general rate', has been allowed to pass by un-noticed.
Products and services such as Flowers, hairdressing, membership and entrance to Sporting and Cultural events, and Funeral services were previously charged at an 8% rate of IVA (the 'reduced rate', due to increase to 10%), but have now been reclassified to the 'general rate'. Not only was the previous 'general rate' more than twice the reduced rate (at 18% up until the recently announced hike), but it has also now increased to 21%.
With the cost of the average Spanish Funeral amounting to €3'000 (which previously included €240 IVA at 8%), will now mean that the IVA paid would be €630 at 21%. Naturally this means that the additional cost will be passed over to the bottom line, meaning an increase of at least €400.
Latest News & Stories
- Magaluf police implicated in suspected extortion ring
- Morocco and Spain agree on information exchange
- Catalonia call independence vote despite Scottish 'no
- Spain's bad loans ratio rises slightly to 13.2% in July
- Spain hosts international conference on Libya
- Spain to replace Dutch NATO forces in Turkey
- Spain now most expensive for TV football
- Spain public debt falls June - July
- Four Catalans drive 1,500 miles to support Scotland's "Yes"
- Spain mulls prosecution of ISIL fighters