How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations in the UK aswell as on residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Cactus Language has a program to suit your needs!
- Mr Grumpy : Officially an 'Old Bastard'
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Lorca Earthquakes 2 Year Anniversary
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- El Escorial
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Cost of dying in Spain increases by over 13%
With the majority of the headlines focussing on the increase of the rate of IVA last week, it seems that the fact of a number of services being re-categorised from the 'reduced rate' to the 'general rate', has been allowed to pass by un-noticed.
Products and services such as Flowers, hairdressing, membership and entrance to Sporting and Cultural events, and Funeral services were previously charged at an 8% rate of IVA (the 'reduced rate', due to increase to 10%), but have now been reclassified to the 'general rate'. Not only was the previous 'general rate' more than twice the reduced rate (at 18% up until the recently announced hike), but it has also now increased to 21%.
With the cost of the average Spanish Funeral amounting to €3'000 (which previously included €240 IVA at 8%), will now mean that the IVA paid would be €630 at 21%. Naturally this means that the additional cost will be passed over to the bottom line, meaning an increase of at least €400.
Comment on this Story
Latest News & Stories
- Spain to close 48 railway routes
- Regional debt falls in Q1
- Changes to Spain's Education System Approved
- Expats targeted by money launderers
- Night in the Cells for Spanish Banker
- IMF Inspectors to visit Spain next week
- Spain to Clamp Down on "Tax Havens"
- Bank of Spain Debts Jump in March
- Hunt for those at fault for Spain's bank crisis gains pace
- Spanish King Sacrifices Royal Yacht