How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Cost of dying in Spain increases by over 13%
With the majority of the headlines focussing on the increase of the rate of IVA last week, it seems that the fact of a number of services being re-categorised from the 'reduced rate' to the 'general rate', has been allowed to pass by un-noticed.
Products and services such as Flowers, hairdressing, membership and entrance to Sporting and Cultural events, and Funeral services were previously charged at an 8% rate of IVA (the 'reduced rate', due to increase to 10%), but have now been reclassified to the 'general rate'. Not only was the previous 'general rate' more than twice the reduced rate (at 18% up until the recently announced hike), but it has also now increased to 21%.
With the cost of the average Spanish Funeral amounting to €3'000 (which previously included €240 IVA at 8%), will now mean that the IVA paid would be €630 at 21%. Naturally this means that the additional cost will be passed over to the bottom line, meaning an increase of at least €400.
Latest News & Stories
- New Socialist leader out to attract Spain’s angry voters
- Spain June retail sales rise 0.2 pct y/y - INE
- Spanish wind power plummets following subsidy cut
- Spanish Unions plan invasion of Gibraltar
- Spain to revise economic growth forecasts for 2014, 2015
- Orange Spain launches 4G home internet service
- Falling food prices in Spain hit Q2 sales at Dia
- Spain sees revenue from foreign tourism grow 7.8% 2014 to date
- Bankia's profit jumps as Spain's economy picks up, bad debts fall
- Gay community in Spain most affected by hate crime