How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update-29 April 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Launch of new Expat social website
The phenomenal success of an Expat Facebook group created barely 12 months ago has led to the creation of a new website.
Claudine Tang created "Sell Your Stuff – Spain" in April of 2011 to network with a small group of friends and neighbours to sell and exchange unwanted items.
The concept was simple : unlike other web-based auction sites, members of the group were not anonymous and therefore both the seller and buyer of products were credible. In many cases both parties are usually known to each other, living locally or friends of friends, and as such both buyer and seller enter into an agreement with trust and confidence.
However, very soon the group grew in numbers from the original 14 to 500 within a 3 month period. Today the group numbers almost 6'500, has resulted in the creation of a smaller spin-off group for Baby and Toddler related products, and requires the services of Claire Relin to administer and moderate the group on a full-time basis.
Seizing upon the growing number of expats looking to buy and sell on the internet, whislt exchanging tips, advise and gossip, the group has diversified to become a website of the same name.
By Joing the Facebook group (Click Here) or visiting the website (Click Here) visitors can not only take advantage of buying or selling a range of items, but can also socialise online, swap tips on a variety of subjects and find out about events taking place in their neighbourhood.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain sees GDP growth of 2.5 pct in 2018, 2019
- Prosecutor will use Manos Limpias arrest to get royal out of fraud trial
- EU intervention sought over UK-Spain Gibraltar airport row
- Spain breaks its own record for joblessness of over 20%
- Bank of Spain sees private consumption growth steady at start of year
- “Human fecal contamination” at origin of bottled water health scare
- Catholic nuns undergo virginity test to prove priest's innocence in sex abuse case
- EU may fine Spain for missing budget targets
- Leader of Manos Limpias union wants to withdraw all court cases
- Civil Guard officer arrested for shooting driver over traffic spat