How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Wednesday 10 February 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Launch of new Expat social website
The phenomenal success of an Expat Facebook group created barely 12 months ago has led to the creation of a new website.
Claudine Tang created "Sell Your Stuff – Spain" in April of 2011 to network with a small group of friends and neighbours to sell and exchange unwanted items.
The concept was simple : unlike other web-based auction sites, members of the group were not anonymous and therefore both the seller and buyer of products were credible. In many cases both parties are usually known to each other, living locally or friends of friends, and as such both buyer and seller enter into an agreement with trust and confidence.
However, very soon the group grew in numbers from the original 14 to 500 within a 3 month period. Today the group numbers almost 6'500, has resulted in the creation of a smaller spin-off group for Baby and Toddler related products, and requires the services of Claire Relin to administer and moderate the group on a full-time basis.
Seizing upon the growing number of expats looking to buy and sell on the internet, whislt exchanging tips, advise and gossip, the group has diversified to become a website of the same name.
By Joing the Facebook group (Click Here) or visiting the website (Click Here) visitors can not only take advantage of buying or selling a range of items, but can also socialise online, swap tips on a variety of subjects and find out about events taking place in their neighbourhood.
Latest News & Stories
- New businesses in Spain rises by 0.5 pct in 2015
- 2 New cases of Zika in Spain brings total to 9
- Spain housing sales rise 11.1 percent in 2015 y/y
- Session to name Spain’s next PM may take place in early March
- Podemos deputies to be moved from “nosebleed section” of Congress
- Spanish 2016 growth could be less than forecast
- Spain shelves case against former ally of Mexican president
- Spain's Princess Cristina returns to court in tax fraud trial
- Olive oil prices jumped almost 20% in 2015
- IBM Spain to withdraw redundancy plan