How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 10 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Launch of new Expat social website
The phenomenal success of an Expat Facebook group created barely 12 months ago has led to the creation of a new website.
Claudine Tang created “Sell Your Stuff – Spain” in April of 2011 to network with a small group of friends and neighbours to sell and exchange unwanted items.
The concept was simple : unlike other web-based auction sites, members of the group were not anonymous and therefore both the seller and buyer of products were credible. In many cases both parties are usually known to each other, living locally or friends of friends, and as such both buyer and seller enter into an agreement with trust and confidence.
However, very soon the group grew in numbers from the original 14 to 500 within a 3 month period. Today the group numbers almost 6'500, has resulted in the creation of a smaller spin-off group for Baby and Toddler related products, and requires the services of Claire Relin to administer and moderate the group on a full-time basis.
Seizing upon the growing number of expats looking to buy and sell on the internet, whislt exchanging tips, advise and gossip, the group has diversified to become a website of the same name.
By Joing the Facebook group (Click Here) or visiting the website (Click Here) visitors can not only take advantage of buying or selling a range of items, but can also socialise online, swap tips on a variety of subjects and find out about events taking place in their neighbourhood.
Latest News & Stories
- Europe's regional airports struggle as traffic shifts to hubs
- Amazon opens 1,200 collection points across Spain
- Spain industrial output grows for 3rd straight month in January
- Spain warns of high risk of new Islamist attacks
- Financial Impact of Corvera Airport on Murcia Questioned
- 1 in 4 Spanish women have experienced abuse : EU survey
- Premursa Previous With Paramount Recruitment ?
- Property prices fall 37% since 2007 highs
- Interior Ministry to install “anti-climb mesh” on Ceuta and Melilla borders
- Rajoy offers last-minute support for Merkel’s choice in EU vote