How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 23 February 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Petrol up by 5 on same week 2011
The cost of Petrol and Diesel in Spain has already increased by an average of 5.07% and 6.82% respectively, during the month of July after registering a further increase in the last week, according to Oil Bulletin European Union.
A Liter of Petrol has increased 1.92% since last week to reach an average of 1.43, while diesel has increased by 2.99% to reach 1.38.
When compared to the same week of 2011, prices are up by 7.18% and 7.73% respectively.
In relative terms this means that a 55 liter tank of Petrol now cost 78.65 this week (an increase of 4.5 on 2011), with diesel increasing to 74.25 euros (3.6 more than in the same week in 2011).
In the year up to last week Petrol, which first exceeded the 1.40 euros the week of February 20th,has increased by 3.31%, while diesel, which exceeded 1.30 euros in April, increased by 0.15%.
However, these price increases have not been influenced by recent changes to the cost of crude oil, which is currently trading at $105 per barrel - way below it's 2008 high of $146.
These prices are still below the average cost for 95 Octane unleaded Petrol across the 27 EU member states - now at 1.645 per liter, with a liter of Diesel costing an average of 1.468.
Latest News & Stories
- Five women killed in four days as gender violence spikes in Spain
- Spain struggles with spike in migrant arrivals at North African exclave
- New Route Manchester - Seville
- How millions of Spanish fans are watching pirated soccer on Facebook Live
- Spain says butane gas-bottle truck theft not terrorist related
- Facebook user faces 30,000 fine for posting video of Spanish policeman
- Hundreds of migrants cross into Spain's Ceuta in second wave in 3 days
- Spain will drop out of the worlds 25 largest economies by 2050
- Brexit Worry as Spain Predict Financial Disaster
- 'That bus has gone' - EU sees no Brexit U-turn now