How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Wednesday 28 January 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Petrol up by 5 on same week 2011
The cost of Petrol and Diesel in Spain has already increased by an average of 5.07% and 6.82% respectively, during the month of July after registering a further increase in the last week, according to Oil Bulletin European Union.
A Liter of Petrol has increased 1.92% since last week to reach an average of 1.43, while diesel has increased by 2.99% to reach 1.38.
When compared to the same week of 2011, prices are up by 7.18% and 7.73% respectively.
In relative terms this means that a 55 liter tank of Petrol now cost 78.65 this week (an increase of 4.5 on 2011), with diesel increasing to 74.25 euros (3.6 more than in the same week in 2011).
In the year up to last week Petrol, which first exceeded the 1.40 euros the week of February 20th,has increased by 3.31%, while diesel, which exceeded 1.30 euros in April, increased by 0.15%.
However, these price increases have not been influenced by recent changes to the cost of crude oil, which is currently trading at $105 per barrel - way below it's 2008 high of $146.
These prices are still below the average cost for 95 Octane unleaded Petrol across the 27 EU member states - now at 1.645 per liter, with a liter of Diesel costing an average of 1.468.
Latest News & Stories
- Caja Madrid officials who used black cards targeted in investigation
- British Expats Set To Lose Retirement Benefits
- Spain kicks off AENA share sale
- Spain arrests suspected militant cell in north Africa
- Murcia's San Javier Airport "to close within 6 months of Corvera opening"
- New Survey: The Future Looks Bright for Expat Workers
- Spain to negotiate increase of U.S. troops at air base