How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 18 December 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain July electricity demand falls for 11th straight month
Spanish electricity demand fell for the eleventh month in a row in July, data from national grid operator REE showed on Tuesday, as a tough recession bit into consumer demand.
REE said demand fell by 2.4% compared with the same month a year ago to 21,646 gigawatt hours. This compared with consumption of 20,655 gigawatt hours in June.
For the first 7 months of the year, demand was down 1.7% from the same period in 2011.
The data also showed wind energy use fell in the month, down 7.3% year-on-year, and made up 13% of total production. Renewable energy accounted for 29.4% of production in July, up from 28.1% in July last year.
Following is a percentage breakdown of Spain's generation mix in July as provided by REE :
SOURCE / PCT
SOLAR PV 4.6
THERMAL RENEWABLE 1.9
Latest News & Stories
- EC Slams 'Wasteful Spending' at Spanish Airport
- 1.5 Mln Foreigners Registered with Spain Social Security
- Spain's Kutxabank sells property business
- EC demands Murcia clarifies conditions of Corvera Airport loan
- Police & anarchists clash in Barcelona
- Spain Sees Divorce Applications up 12.5% in Q3 of 2014
- Spain considering extension to TV reset deadline
- The Sickest Lard-Arse in Spain ?
- Spanish regions likely to overshoot deficit targets
- Spain's Gov't : 23 Reasons to be Cheerful
- Make Cost Savings On Iberdrola Rental Charges
- The Ten Most Common Electrical Faults Found In Spanish Properties
- Electricity suppliers - and how to change them
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain