How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 30 January 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain July electricity demand falls for 11th straight month
Spanish electricity demand fell for the eleventh month in a row in July, data from national grid operator REE showed on Tuesday, as a tough recession bit into consumer demand.
REE said demand fell by 2.4% compared with the same month a year ago to 21,646 gigawatt hours. This compared with consumption of 20,655 gigawatt hours in June.
For the first 7 months of the year, demand was down 1.7% from the same period in 2011.
The data also showed wind energy use fell in the month, down 7.3% year-on-year, and made up 13% of total production. Renewable energy accounted for 29.4% of production in July, up from 28.1% in July last year.
Following is a percentage breakdown of Spain's generation mix in July as provided by REE :
SOURCE / PCT
SOLAR PV 4.6
THERMAL RENEWABLE 1.9
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish Airports to see 25 days of strike action
- Islamisation "Stronger in Spain than Germany"
- Spanish court charges 10 priests with child sexual abuse
- Albanian named in helicopter crash in Spain suspected of smuggling drugs
- Caja Madrid officials who used “black” cards targeted in investigation
- British Expats Set To Lose Retirement Benefits
- Spain kicks off AENA share sale
- Spain arrests suspected militant cell in north Africa
- Murcia's San Javier Airport "to close within 6 months of Corvera opening"
- New Survey: The Future Looks Bright for Expat Workers
- Make Cost Savings On Iberdrola Rental Charges
- The Ten Most Common Electrical Faults Found In Spanish Properties
- Electricity suppliers - and how to change them
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain