How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 19 September 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
RENFE strike cost 3-4 Million
A total of 600 trains were canceled yesterday due to the 24-hour strike called by the Unions in protest against the liberalisation of RENFE.
The Ministry of Development anticipated that the action will have resulted in a loss the national economy of between three and four million loss that the State will this stop.
The CCOO and UGT reported that 90% of all RENFE, ADIF and FEVE employees took some kind of strike action yesterday, which contrasted greatly with the 20% figure quoted by the central government.
Both the Government and the rail unions agreed that the demonstrations, which took place in various areas of the country, did so without serious incident, except in Catalonia, where there were a number of fires started, and reports of 5 trains being sabotaged.
Further strike action in protest of the Government's plans to split RENFE into 4 new companies has been planned to take place on September 17th.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's bad loans ratio rises slightly to 13.2% in July
- Spain hosts international conference on Libya
- Spain to replace Dutch NATO forces in Turkey
- Spain now most expensive for TV football
- Spain public debt falls June - July
- Four Catalans drive 1,500 miles to support Scotland's "Yes"
- Spain mulls prosecution of ISIL fighters
- Study reveals Barcelona as Spain's most expensive city
- Spain Warns It Will Block Independence Vote in Catalonia
- Corvera Airport "will not cost Murcia a cent"