How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Tuesday 3 December 2013
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Crime Pays (In Spain at least)
- Madrid : Spain's Fashion Centre
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
RENFE strike cost 3-4 Million
A total of 600 trains were canceled yesterday due to the 24-hour strike called by the Unions in protest against the liberalisation of RENFE.
The Ministry of Development anticipated that the action will have resulted in a loss the national economy of between three and four million loss that the State will this stop.
The CCOO and UGT reported that 90% of all RENFE, ADIF and FEVE employees took some kind of strike action yesterday, which contrasted greatly with the 20% figure quoted by the central government.
Both the Government and the rail unions agreed that the demonstrations, which took place in various areas of the country, did so without serious incident, except in Catalonia, where there were a number of fires started, and reports of 5 trains being sabotaged.
Further strike action in protest of the Government's plans to split RENFE into 4 new companies has been planned to take place on September 17th.
Latest News & Stories
- Idea of an independent Catalonia gets a NATO no-go
- Expats fear being priced out of British housing market
- Family problems blamed for unsuccessful relocations
- Orange Spain Launches Xmas Smartphone Offers
- Spain Hints at Lower Income Tax
- Population of Spain Continues to Plummet
- Spain to work with big utilities on tariff debt relief
- Spains desperation: 20,000 apply for 400 IKEA jobs
- Spain Considers Catalan Compensation Tax
- Spain's consumer confidence improving