How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Tuesday 7 July 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
RENFE strike cost €3-4 Million
A total of 600 trains were canceled yesterday due to the 24-hour strike called by the Unions in protest against the liberalisation of RENFE.
The Ministry of Development anticipated that the action will have resulted in a loss the national economy of between three and four million loss that the State will this stop.
The CCOO and UGT reported that 90% of all RENFE, ADIF and FEVE employees took some kind of strike action yesterday, which contrasted greatly with the 20% figure quoted by the central government.
Both the Government and the rail unions agreed that the demonstrations, which took place in various areas of the country, did so without serious incident, except in Catalonia, where there were a number of fires started, and reports of 5 trains being sabotaged.
Further strike action in protest of the Government's plans to split RENFE into 4 new companies has been planned to take place on September 17th.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's DGT publishes details of surveillance on most dangerous roads
- Spanish operations of Facebook and Twitter made just €7m in 2014
- Most Spanish Lawyers saw profits up in 2014
- Spain says euro irreversible
- Heatwave sparks major wildfires in Spain
- Spain's anti-austerity Podemos tied with mainstream parties : Poll
- After Tunisia attack, sun-seekers switch to Spain
- Castellon Airport to promote tourism in Bristol and London
- Gibraltar protests over yet another Spanish Naval incursion
- Spain services growth slows in June (but so does unemployment)