How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
RENFE strike cost €3-4 Million
A total of 600 trains were canceled yesterday due to the 24-hour strike called by the Unions in protest against the liberalisation of RENFE.
The Ministry of Development anticipated that the action will have resulted in a loss the national economy of between three and four million loss that the State will this stop.
The CCOO and UGT reported that 90% of all RENFE, ADIF and FEVE employees took some kind of strike action yesterday, which contrasted greatly with the 20% figure quoted by the central government.
Both the Government and the rail unions agreed that the demonstrations, which took place in various areas of the country, did so without serious incident, except in Catalonia, where there were a number of fires started, and reports of 5 trains being sabotaged.
Further strike action in protest of the Government's plans to split RENFE into 4 new companies has been planned to take place on September 17th.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain congratulates new UK FM and calls for "Dialogue on Gibraltar"
- Could a Scottish Yes vote derail Spain's fragile recovery?
- Spain's Swiftair says lost contact with plane en route to Algiers
- Spain unemployment falls to lowest in 2 years
- Repsol to start searching for oil off Canary Islands coast by end of year
- eBay's StubHub sting ringleader detained in Spain
- More than 1,000 would-be migrants attempt Melilla fence jump
- Vodafone, Orange update FTTH agreement following Ono deal
- Iberdrola Profit Drops as Spain Renewable Subsidy Cuts Hit
- Bank of Spain Says Growth Accelerated in Q2