How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Tuesday 3 December 2013
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Crime Pays (In Spain at least)
- Madrid : Spain's Fashion Centre
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Further tax hikes brought to light
Further details of the increase in Spanish IVA, hidden away in the small print, have come to light.
In yet another illogical and seemingly desperate move, the central government has decided to increase the "retention" (or retained part of a self-employed, or "Autonomo's" monthly income) from 15% to 21% from 1st September until the end of 2013.
From 1st 2014 the percentage will be 19%.
A further nugget of wisdom buried away in the 2013 draft budget act is the upward revision of excise duty for biofuels, natural gas and butane. These increases will take effect from January 1st 2013 and run indefinitely, meaning the end of oil tax exemption for biofuels. The tax increases on oil alone are expected to net the Government 1,150 million euros per year.
Latest News & Stories
- Idea of an independent Catalonia gets a NATO no-go
- Expats fear being priced out of British housing market
- Family problems blamed for unsuccessful relocations
- Orange Spain Launches Xmas Smartphone Offers
- Spain Hints at Lower Income Tax
- Population of Spain Continues to Plummet
- Spain to work with big utilities on tariff debt relief
- Spainís desperation: 20,000 apply for 400 IKEA jobs
- Spain Considers Catalan Compensation Tax
- Spain's consumer confidence improving
- How and When to Submit your Spanish Resident Tax Return
- Capital Gains Tax in Spain
- How should I class my Business for Tax Purposes ?
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain