How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 20 January 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Further tax hikes brought to light
Further details of the increase in Spanish IVA, hidden away in the small print, have come to light.
In yet another illogical and seemingly desperate move, the central government has decided to increase the "retention" (or retained part of a self-employed, or "Autonomo's" monthly income) from 15% to 21% from 1st September until the end of 2013.
From 1st 2014 the percentage will be 19%.
A further nugget of wisdom buried away in the 2013 draft budget act is the upward revision of excise duty for biofuels, natural gas and butane. These increases will take effect from January 1st 2013 and run indefinitely, meaning the end of oil tax exemption for biofuels. The tax increases on oil alone are expected to net the Government 1,150 million euros per year.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish hotel boss warns sector is feeling first effects of Brexit
- Two weeks into 2017, Mediterranean migrant deaths rise on last year
- Spanish court jails 4 ex-bankers for misappropriation
- Brussels sees Spain's 2017 budget broadly in line with EU rules
- Government, opposition reach deal on “floor clause” refunds for mortgage holders
- EU tells Spain to brace for cuts due to likely 2017 deficit target miss
- A nominee emerges in battle to head Spain’s leaderless Socialists
- Murcia's San Javier Airport Passenger Numbers up 2.7%
- Spanish ambassador to UK resigns over 2003 military air crash
- Bodies of five migrants found off Spain's southern coast
- How and When to Submit your Spanish Resident Tax Return
- Capital Gains Tax in Spain
- How should I class my Business for Tax Purposes ?
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain