How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations in the UK aswell as on residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Cactus Language has a program to suit your needs!
- For Whom the Road Tolls
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Further tax hikes brought to light
Further details of the increase in Spanish IVA, hidden away in the small print, have come to light.
In yet another illogical and seemingly desperate move, the central government has decided to increase the "retention" (or retained part of a self-employed, or "Autonomo's" monthly income) from 15% to 21% from 1st September until the end of 2013.
From 1st 2014 the percentage will be 19%.
A further nugget of wisdom buried away in the 2013 draft budget act is the upward revision of excise duty for biofuels, natural gas and butane. These increases will take effect from January 1st 2013 and run indefinitely, meaning the end of oil tax exemption for biofuels. The tax increases on oil alone are expected to net the Government 1,150 million euros per year.
Comment on this Story
Latest News & Stories
- Spain to veto Scotland entry to EU ?
- Spain's obsession with the AVE runs into budget reality
- 12 Months since "Castellon Airport open this year" promise
- 12 Months today since "Corvera open by October" Promise
- Spain Property Prices Decelerates Most in Q4 2012
- Spain's ECB bank borrowing falls again in May
- Spain's public debt soars to 88.2 pct of GDP in Q1
- Rajoy calls on ECB to create bank lending scheme for SMEs
- Paramount Murcia Investor files for Bankruptcy
- Questions asked over Castellon Airport Firetrucks
- How and When to Submit your Spanish Resident Tax Return
- Capital Gains Tax in Spain
- How should I class my Business for Tax Purposes ?
- Alternative Energy Sources in Spain