How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 29 June 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spanish Bankruptcies reach record numbers
Spain's National Institute of Statistics (INE) revealled how a staggering 2,272 businesses and induviduals declared themselves bankrupt over the course of Q2 of 2012, representing an increase of 28.6% compared to the same period last year.
The number of induvidual bankruptcies actually fell, meaning that the increases were down to failing businesses.
Last year a total of 6,755 bankruptcies were declared representing a 13.3% increase on 2010, making 2011 the worst year on record for Spanish bankruptcies.
Allmost one-third of all the businesses declared bankrupt in Q2 were from the struggling construction sector.
PYMEs (Small and medium-sized companies with turnovers below 2 Million Euros PA) represented almost three-quarters of all bankruptcies between April and July.
Latest News & Stories
- Apple Watch goes on sale in Spain for more than in France and Germany
- Loan to support nationwide rollout of ERTMS in Spain
- Spain to question Gibraltarís exclusion from EU tax havens blacklist
- Spain to hike economic growth forecast next week
- Orange says public offer for Spain's Jazztel successful
- Number of Spanish emigrants nearly doubles in four years
- Spain refuses to declassify state files from 1931 to 1968
- Spain sees GDP reaching pre-crisis level by end 2016
- Vodafone loses Ä642 million after Ono cleanup
- EU15,000 : Spain's average wage
- Dacion en Pago : Handing Your Property Back to the Bank
- Finding Business Premesis in Spain
- How should I class my Business for Tax Purposes ?
- When you canít pay the Mortgage