How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 14 April 2014
- The Vegetarian Barbeque and the Unholy Sex
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spanish Bankruptcies reach record numbers
Spain's National Institute of Statistics (INE) revealled how a staggering 2,272 businesses and induviduals declared themselves bankrupt over the course of Q2 of 2012, representing an increase of 28.6% compared to the same period last year.
The number of induvidual bankruptcies actually fell, meaning that the increases were down to failing businesses.
Last year a total of 6,755 bankruptcies were declared representing a 13.3% increase on 2010, making 2011 the worst year on record for Spanish bankruptcies.
Allmost one-third of all the businesses declared bankrupt in Q2 were from the struggling construction sector.
PYMEs (Small and medium-sized companies with turnovers below 2 Million Euros PA) represented almost three-quarters of all bankruptcies between April and July.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain Unemployment to take decade to recover
- Less vehicles in Spain travel toll roads
- Spain approves coal subsidies ahead of shutdowns
- Spain’s roads in worst condition since 1985
- Study reveals food and family main reasons behind expat repatriation
- Guardia Civil 'Brit Torturers' face 26 years
- Independent Catalaonia would not become EU member : Brussels
- Five Spanish regions top EU unemployment table for 2013
- Bank of Spain denies report of stress tests this month
- Expats capitalising on rising UK house prices
- Dacion en Pago : Handing Your Property Back to the Bank
- Finding Business Premesis in Spain
- How should I class my Business for Tax Purposes ?
- When you can’t pay the Mortgage