How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Monday 30 November 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Obama discusses economy of Spain with Rajoy
U.S. President Barack Obama called Mariano Rajoy yesterday to discuss the state of the Spanish economy, the euro zone's 4th largest, according to the website of Rajoy's office.
"They had agreed to talk a few days ago, it was not a surprise and is not unusual," a government source said.
The conversation took place at a time when analysts and economists believe there is an increasing chance that Spain may seek some form of sovereign bailout against a backdrop of punishing market conditions.
The yield on Spain's benchmark 10-year government bond, currently 6.80%, last week broke above the 7% level that analysts believe will make it more difficult for Madrid to finance itself in the medium term.
"They discussed the economy in Spain, in the European Union and on a global level. They also compared market conditions. PM Rajoy reiterated the efforts that the government and the Spanish people are making to cut the public deficit and to implement an ambitious series of reforms," the website said.
Rajoy and Obama last met at the most recent meeting of G20 leaders in the Mexican city of Los Cabos in June this year.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's car sales rise by 20.9 pct in first 11 months
- Orange Spain, Jazztel offer 65% discount on smart TVs
- Vodafone Spain adds 13 channels to TV platform
- Spanish Airport Passenger Numbers up 8% in November
- 8 Human skulls found on Spanish beach
- Spain's PSOE promise voting rights to foreigners with 5-year residency
- Spain's Rajoy stays away as candidates hold election debate
- Spain October retail sales rise at fastest pace since December
- Former Boyfriend hunted over disappearance of Expat Mum in Spain
- Orange Spain unveils football deal for Bars
- Applying for Residential Status ( Residencia) - Non- EU Citizens
- Applying for Spanish Citizenship
- Applying for Residential status (Residencia) - EU Citizens