How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 26 February 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Obama discusses economy of Spain with Rajoy
U.S. President Barack Obama called Mariano Rajoy yesterday to discuss the state of the Spanish economy, the euro zone's 4th largest, according to the website of Rajoy's office.
"They had agreed to talk a few days ago, it was not a surprise and is not unusual," a government source said.
The conversation took place at a time when analysts and economists believe there is an increasing chance that Spain may seek some form of sovereign bailout against a backdrop of punishing market conditions.
The yield on Spain's benchmark 10-year government bond, currently 6.80%, last week broke above the 7% level that analysts believe will make it more difficult for Madrid to finance itself in the medium term.
"They discussed the economy in Spain, in the European Union and on a global level. They also compared market conditions. PM Rajoy reiterated the efforts that the government and the Spanish people are making to cut the public deficit and to implement an ambitious series of reforms," the website said.
Rajoy and Obama last met at the most recent meeting of G20 leaders in the Mexican city of Los Cabos in June this year.
Latest News & Stories
- Corvera Airport 'Open March 2015' : Sweepstake
- Madrid begins deporting Latino street gang members
- Turkish Airlines plan to Fly to Castellon Airport
- AENA Shareholders must approve closure of San Javier Airport
- Spanish Court Declares Catalonia Independence Vote Unconstitutional
- Look Out Paramount Murcia : Gollum is Coming !
- Spain arrests 8 accused of joining pro-Russian rebels in Ukraine
- Spain pays Judges €27,000 to attend 4 meetings
- Madrid eviction ends with 11 arrests
- Spain's Bankia to publish results on Saturday, without liability bill
- Applying for Residential Status ( Residencia) - Non- EU Citizens
- Applying for Spanish Citizenship
- Applying for Residential status (Residencia) - EU Citizens