How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 27 May 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Obama discusses economy of Spain with Rajoy
U.S. President Barack Obama called Mariano Rajoy yesterday to discuss the state of the Spanish economy, the euro zone's 4th largest, according to the website of Rajoy's office.
"They had agreed to talk a few days ago, it was not a surprise and is not unusual," a government source said.
The conversation took place at a time when analysts and economists believe there is an increasing chance that Spain may seek some form of sovereign bailout against a backdrop of punishing market conditions.
The yield on Spain's benchmark 10-year government bond, currently 6.80%, last week broke above the 7% level that analysts believe will make it more difficult for Madrid to finance itself in the medium term.
"They discussed the economy in Spain, in the European Union and on a global level. They also compared market conditions. PM Rajoy reiterated the efforts that the government and the Spanish people are making to cut the public deficit and to implement an ambitious series of reforms," the website said.
Rajoy and Obama last met at the most recent meeting of G20 leaders in the Mexican city of Los Cabos in June this year.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain consumer prices drop 1.1% in May
- 'Tourists go home': Spain tourism surge brings backlash
- Facebook and Microsoft to install “megacable” between Spain and US
- Vodafone Spain to start offering Telefonica indirect fibre
- Spain arrests 30 suspected of laundering money in bitcoin centres
- Passenger flight dodges three drones before landing in Bilbao
- Almost 30% of Spaniards at risk of poverty or social exclusion
- Spain tops euro zone for political risk to the economy, says ECB
- 30 arrests in Spain for pay-TV piracy
- Spain's centre-right PP to strengthen position in election - poll
- Applying for Residential Status ( Residencia) - Non- EU Citizens
- Applying for Spanish Citizenship
- Applying for Residential status (Residencia) - EU Citizens