How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 27 November 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Girona forces Supermarkets to lock bins
The Ayuntamiento of Girona in Catalonia has made the extraordinary move of instructing the Town's supermarkets to fit locks onto the rubbish bins they use to dump their out of date stock.
The worsening economy and increase in the level of unemployment in Spain has resulted in a dramatic increase in the number of people scavenging the bins for edible foodstuffs at the end of each working day, which the authorities are keen to put a stop to.
Officials at the Town Hall claim that the move has been taken in order to prevent any risks to social health, and because the sight of such scavenging the streets "causes alarm".
Instead, a system has been introduced to point those desperate enough to be forced to scavenge for food to local charities, where they will receive a food basket containing a number of food products.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's Rajoy vows to cut tax, create jobs if re-elected
- The successes and failures of Spainís fight against domestic abuse
- Murcia allocates budget to Corvera Airport
- Fabian Picardo re-elected as Gibraltar chief minister by a landslide
- EU General Court declares Spanish DTT subsidies illegal
- Spain's largest ever corporate bankruptcy ?
- Spain's home mortgages rise by 20.2% in Sept.
- Sean Conneryís wife faces tax fraud charges
- Spain expands anti-jihadism pact to main opposition parties
- Valencia town votes against fiestas with bulls at local referendum
- Claiming Unemployment Benefits in Spain
- Spanish 'Large Family' Discount Card
- Claiming Spanish Benefits in Spain