How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Wednesday 1 October 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spain's schools to charge 'packed lunch fee'
A levy of €3 per day is to be charged to parents wishing to send their children to school with packed lunches as from the start of next term, according to the Telegraph.
School dinners typically cost around €4.50 per day, but the economic downturn has seen an increase in the number of parents bringing their children home for lunch to save on the cost.
This has in turn resulted in less money coming in to pay for the same services.
Up until now the cost of providing school lunches has been subsidised by the regional education authorities. However, the regions of Catalonia and Valencia in particular are responding to central government demands to make cuts by implementing the charge.
The full report in the Telegraph can be read by clicking the link here.
Latest News & Stories
- Gibraltar accuses EU's Almunia of "Spanish Bias"
- Spain new car sales up 26.2 pct yr/yr in Sept
- 31 arrested in joint Bulgaria-Spain ATM fraud operation
- Galica town hall targeted with explosive device
- Paramount Murcia : 4 Octobers of Nothing Much
- Corvera Certificates required end 2014, or new application required
- Catalonia suspends referendum campaign
- Fitch's praises Spain's Banks, forecasts property prices stabilize : Report
- Spain to Borrow EU242 Bln in 2015 as Debt Reaches 100% of GDP
- Carrefour Spain gives IVA discounts to young people
- Homeschooling in Spain
- Car Seats For Children - The Law In Spain
- Registering your child for state education in Spain