How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 5 December 2013
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Crime Pays (In Spain at least)
- Madrid : Spain's Fashion Centre
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spain's schools to charge 'packed lunch fee'
A levy of €3 per day is to be charged to parents wishing to send their children to school with packed lunches as from the start of next term, according to the Telegraph.
School dinners typically cost around €4.50 per day, but the economic downturn has seen an increase in the number of parents bringing their children home for lunch to save on the cost.
This has in turn resulted in less money coming in to pay for the same services.
Up until now the cost of providing school lunches has been subsidised by the regional education authorities. However, the regions of Catalonia and Valencia in particular are responding to central government demands to make cuts by implementing the charge.
The full report in the Telegraph can be read by clicking the link here.
Latest News & Stories
- Moody's revises Spain's outlook to stable
- Idea of an independent Catalonia gets a NATO no-go
- Expats fear being priced out of British housing market
- Family problems blamed for unsuccessful relocations
- Orange Spain Launches Xmas Smartphone Offers
- Spain Hints at Lower Income Tax
- Population of Spain Continues to Plummet
- Spain to work with big utilities on tariff debt relief
- Spain’s desperation: 20,000 apply for 400 IKEA jobs
- Spain Considers Catalan Compensation Tax
- Homeschooling in Spain
- Car Seats For Children - The Law In Spain
- Registering your child for state education in Spain