How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 31 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain's schools to charge 'packed lunch fee'
A levy of €3 per day is to be charged to parents wishing to send their children to school with packed lunches as from the start of next term, according to the Telegraph.
School dinners typically cost around €4.50 per day, but the economic downturn has seen an increase in the number of parents bringing their children home for lunch to save on the cost.
This has in turn resulted in less money coming in to pay for the same services.
Up until now the cost of providing school lunches has been subsidised by the regional education authorities. However, the regions of Catalonia and Valencia in particular are responding to central government demands to make cuts by implementing the charge.
The full report in the Telegraph can be read by clicking the link here.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's most popular driving infractions : DGT report
- Spain to block watered-down Catalan vote on independence
- Pensioners sue Bank in Spanish IHT swindle
- Orange Spain brings 4G to Lorca, Murcia
- Banco Popular posts 2% rise in nine-month profit
- Spain to see Google Tax effective Jan 1st
- Spain 2nd highest inequality in the EU : Oxfam
- Spain's consumer prices fall by 0.1% in Oct
- Spain stock market regulator registers Orange request to bid for Jazztel
- Owners of Spain's Parques Reunidos consider sale
- Homeschooling in Spain
- Car Seats For Children - The Law In Spain
- Registering your child for state education in Spain