How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Wednesday 23 April 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Corvera airport opening "on schedule"
The President for the region of Murcia, Ramón Luis Valcárcel, has once again expressed his confidence that Corvera Interantional airport will be operational before the end of 2012, but that the required licences, certificates and final documentation must be issued and signed off before this can happen.
However, regarding the issue of the arrival of the AVE high speed rail network to the region, he was less optimistic and declined to speculate about dates.
Speaking about the AVE, Valcarcel went on to criticize the former Minister Jose Blanco, who he blamed for making changes to the network stretch between Cartagena and the city of Murcia. Although the original plans were halted, proposals for the new proposed route were never finalised.
Regardless of the AVE glitch on the Cartagena section of the project, the President maintained that both the arrival of the AVE and the opening of Corvera airport would have a positive effect on tourism in the region.
Latest News & Stories
- Bankinter profit rise sets positive tone for Spain's banks
- Catalan leader to call independence vote despite Madrid resistance
- Spain "Violated Human Rights of Illegal Immigrants" : ECHR
- Spain to cut 2014 net debt issuance on higher tax revenue
- A fifth of British expats in Spain left last year
- Spain investigates offensive Twitter account
- Spain Easter road deaths up on 2013
- Poll finds Spain disapproves of homosexuality the least
- Orange Spain preparing new ADSL price reduction
- Gibraltar Fire Halts Easter Sunday Gambling