How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 27 May 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Corvera airport opening "on schedule"
The President for the region of Murcia, Ramón Luis Valcárcel, has once again expressed his confidence that Corvera Interantional airport will be operational before the end of 2012, but that the required licences, certificates and final documentation must be issued and signed off before this can happen.
However, regarding the issue of the arrival of the AVE high speed rail network to the region, he was less optimistic and declined to speculate about dates.
Speaking about the AVE, Valcarcel went on to criticize the former Minister Jose Blanco, who he blamed for making changes to the network stretch between Cartagena and the city of Murcia. Although the original plans were halted, proposals for the new proposed route were never finalised.
Regardless of the AVE glitch on the Cartagena section of the project, the President maintained that both the arrival of the AVE and the opening of Corvera airport would have a positive effect on tourism in the region.
Latest News & Stories
- Facebook and Microsoft to install “megacable” between Spain and US
- Vodafone Spain to start offering Telefonica indirect fibre
- Spain arrests 30 suspected of laundering money in bitcoin centres
- Passenger flight dodges three drones before landing in Bilbao
- Almost 30% of Spaniards at risk of poverty or social exclusion
- Spain tops euro zone for political risk to the economy, says ECB
- 30 arrests in Spain for pay-TV piracy
- Spain's centre-right PP to strengthen position in election - poll
- Popular Party faces freeze on assets if it fails to pay €1.2m civil bond
- Spain trade deficit falls 10.6% in March y/y