How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 1 December 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Corvera airport opening "on schedule"
The President for the region of Murcia, Ramón Luis Valcárcel, has once again expressed his confidence that Corvera Interantional airport will be operational before the end of 2012, but that the required licences, certificates and final documentation must be issued and signed off before this can happen.
However, regarding the issue of the arrival of the AVE high speed rail network to the region, he was less optimistic and declined to speculate about dates.
Speaking about the AVE, Valcarcel went on to criticize the former Minister Jose Blanco, who he blamed for making changes to the network stretch between Cartagena and the city of Murcia. Although the original plans were halted, proposals for the new proposed route were never finalised.
Regardless of the AVE glitch on the Cartagena section of the project, the President maintained that both the arrival of the AVE and the opening of Corvera airport would have a positive effect on tourism in the region.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish unemployment sees first November rise in three years
- US developer planning mega-resort outside Madrid
- Spain to hike taxes on tobacco, alcohol and soft drinks to raise €8 billion
- Spain PM says must maintain policy of fiscal consolidation
- Bullish Spanish opposition calls on government to repeal “gag law”
- Spain's consumer prices rise 0.7 pct in Oct
- Lidl opens pop-up restaurant in Madrid
- Spanish economy to maintain growth rate in fourth quarter - economy minister
- 80% of Spaniards aged under 30 are still living with their parents
- Why does Spain collect less income tax than its EU neighbors ?