How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 22 December 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Ryanair : "Our fuel policy is working"
The president of the Irish airline Ryanair, Michael O'Leary, gave an interview to the German Financial Times newspaper on Friday, where he defended the three emergency landings made in Valencia on 26 July due to fuel shortages.
O'Leary referred to the situation as being "exceptional".
The Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) is investigating the incident where 3 aircraft were forced to make emergency landings at the airport due to a lack of fuel.
"Each of the three aircraft had enough fuel on board, over the 90 minutes that are required for a landing. However, we were forced to fly in a circle on Valencia for about an hour, which is not normal," he said.
O'Leary said in the interview that the airline had complied with "The security requirements of the aircraft manufacturer Boeing and the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and that each aircraft had enough fuel".
"Even after the emergency landing we still have enough fuel for 30 minutes of flight as part of our security system," he continued." Our fuel policy is working."
Last week it was revealed how a Ministry investigation into the matter may result in the airline losing it's licence to operate within Spain .
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's Catalonia court to probe region head over independence vote
- Spain's Princess Cristina to stand trial on tax fraud charges
- Spain's El Gordo 2014 Lottery Results
- Spanish Hotels Expect 8% Increase in Winter Bookings
- Countdown to change in UK driving licence law
- Spain gets ready for El Gordo lottery draw
- Ryanair acts on fuel policy defamation
- Spain's DGT clamp down on road safety
- Netflix silent on reported Spain launch
- Lidl celebrates 20 years in spain with new store
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Travel Insurance to Spain
- Car Rental in Spain