How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update-6 May 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Ryanair : "Our fuel policy is working"
The president of the Irish airline Ryanair, Michael O'Leary, gave an interview to the German Financial Times newspaper on Friday, where he defended the three emergency landings made in Valencia on 26 July due to fuel shortages.
O'Leary referred to the situation as being "exceptional".
The Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) is investigating the incident where 3 aircraft were forced to make emergency landings at the airport due to a lack of fuel.
"Each of the three aircraft had enough fuel on board, over the 90 minutes that are required for a landing. However, we were forced to fly in a circle on Valencia for about an hour, which is not normal," he said.
O'Leary said in the interview that the airline had complied with "The security requirements of the aircraft manufacturer Boeing and the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and that each aircraft had enough fuel".
"Even after the emergency landing we still have enough fuel for 30 minutes of flight as part of our security system," he continued." Our fuel policy is working."
Last week it was revealed how a Ministry investigation into the matter may result in the airline losing it's licence to operate within Spain .
Latest News & Stories
- British expats in Europe living in fear of Brexit
- Bank of Spain sees rise in downside growth risks in last few months
- Unemployment drops in April as holiday season underway
- Expat Fraudster 'too pregnant' to face UK Court
- Spain issues warrants for Russian officials alleged to be linked to crime gang
- Brussels lowers Spain’s public deficit forecast
- Spain new car sales rise 21.2 pct y/y in April
- Spanish Journos facing jail over Police leaks
- King Felipe to call further election on Tuesday
- Spain's Tourist Tax : Deterring Holidaymakers ?
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Travel Insurance to Spain
- Car Rental in Spain