How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 14 April 2014
- The Vegetarian Barbeque and the Unholy Sex
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
"Only Ryanair planes had fuel problems" : AENA
The Spanish state-controlled airport operator AENA on Monday rejected claims by Ryanair boss Michael O'Leary that 2 other airlines, LAN Chile and EasyJet, were also forced to make emergency landings in Valencia on July 26 due to adverse weather conditions at Madrid airport, when three of the Irish low-cost carrier's planes had to put in mayday calls to land in Valencia due to dwindling fuel.
AENA said the LAN Chile plane did make an emergency landing at Valencia but because of technical problems, not a lack of fuel. EasyJet said that 2 planes were redirected to Valencia from Madrid on the same day because of weather conditions. "The only thing for sure is that 3 Ryanair planes had problems," AENA sources said.
O'Leary acknowledged that Ryanair publishes monthly figures on pilots' use of fuel as part of its cost-containment drive, but denied the planes had run short. "It's the silly season and the Olympics are over so let's talk and write a lot of shite about Ryanair planes running out of fuel," O'Leary told the Irish Independent on Sunday.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain approves coal subsidies ahead of shutdowns
- Spainís roads in worst condition since 1985
- Study reveals food and family main reasons behind expat repatriation
- Guardia Civil 'Brit Torturers' face 26 years
- Independent Catalaonia would not become EU member : Brussels
- Five Spanish regions top EU unemployment table for 2013
- Bank of Spain denies report of stress tests this month
- Expats capitalising on rising UK house prices
- End to roaming charges will benefit EU expats
- Spain investigates Sanitas in Ä28.07 mln tax avoidance
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Travel Insurance to Spain
- Car Rental in Spain