How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 27 May 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Millions of Brits to fly to Spain this holiday weekend
According to the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA), 1.8 million British citizens are expected to travel to Spain and Greece during the August bank holiday weekend beginning on Friday August 24, reports Breaking Travel News.
Exceptionally grim weather in the U.K. this summer together with an improving exchange rates between the euro and sterling were cited as the 2 main factors for the anticipated increase in holidaymakers returning to Spain.
In addition to Spain and Greece, many British holidaymakers are expected to travel to Turkey, Egypt and Tunisia.
"Spain and Greece continue to be popular with many holidaymakers taking advantage of the strong pound, which is at a 4 year high against the euro, as well as the fact that prices in bars and restaurants have come down," said Mark Tanzer, chief executive officer of the ABTA, as quoted by the news source.
Strong domestic travel figures are also expected over the bank holiday. ITCM reports that 2.8 million people will travel within the U.K. during the weekend, according to data from VisitBritain's Bank Holiday Trip Tracker. An additional 6.4 million Brits remain undecided about their holiday plans, with many citing financial concerns as a reason to put off travel to foreign destinations.
Latest News & Stories
- Facebook and Microsoft to install “megacable” between Spain and US
- Vodafone Spain to start offering Telefonica indirect fibre
- Spain arrests 30 suspected of laundering money in bitcoin centres
- Passenger flight dodges three drones before landing in Bilbao
- Almost 30% of Spaniards at risk of poverty or social exclusion
- Spain tops euro zone for political risk to the economy, says ECB
- 30 arrests in Spain for pay-TV piracy
- Spain's centre-right PP to strengthen position in election - poll
- Popular Party faces freeze on assets if it fails to pay €1.2m civil bond
- Spain trade deficit falls 10.6% in March y/y