How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 14 April 2014
- The Vegetarian Barbeque and the Unholy Sex
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Millions of Brits to fly to Spain this holiday weekend
According to the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA), 1.8 million British citizens are expected to travel to Spain and Greece during the August bank holiday weekend beginning on Friday August 24, reports Breaking Travel News.
Exceptionally grim weather in the U.K. this summer together with an improving exchange rates between the euro and sterling were cited as the 2 main factors for the anticipated increase in holidaymakers returning to Spain.
In addition to Spain and Greece, many British holidaymakers are expected to travel to Turkey, Egypt and Tunisia.
"Spain and Greece continue to be popular with many holidaymakers taking advantage of the strong pound, which is at a 4 year high against the euro, as well as the fact that prices in bars and restaurants have come down," said Mark Tanzer, chief executive officer of the ABTA, as quoted by the news source.
Strong domestic travel figures are also expected over the bank holiday. ITCM reports that 2.8 million people will travel within the U.K. during the weekend, according to data from VisitBritain's Bank Holiday Trip Tracker. An additional 6.4 million Brits remain undecided about their holiday plans, with many citing financial concerns as a reason to put off travel to foreign destinations.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain approves coal subsidies ahead of shutdowns
- Spain’s roads in worst condition since 1985
- Study reveals food and family main reasons behind expat repatriation
- Guardia Civil 'Brit Torturers' face 26 years
- Independent Catalaonia would not become EU member : Brussels
- Five Spanish regions top EU unemployment table for 2013
- Bank of Spain denies report of stress tests this month
- Expats capitalising on rising UK house prices
- End to roaming charges will benefit EU expats
- Spain investigates Sanitas in €28.07 mln tax avoidance