How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 19 January 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Millions of Brits to fly to Spain this holiday weekend
According to the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA), 1.8 million British citizens are expected to travel to Spain and Greece during the August bank holiday weekend beginning on Friday August 24, reports Breaking Travel News.
Exceptionally grim weather in the U.K. this summer together with an improving exchange rates between the euro and sterling were cited as the 2 main factors for the anticipated increase in holidaymakers returning to Spain.
In addition to Spain and Greece, many British holidaymakers are expected to travel to Turkey, Egypt and Tunisia.
"Spain and Greece continue to be popular with many holidaymakers taking advantage of the strong pound, which is at a 4 year high against the euro, as well as the fact that prices in bars and restaurants have come down," said Mark Tanzer, chief executive officer of the ABTA, as quoted by the news source.
Strong domestic travel figures are also expected over the bank holiday. ITCM reports that 2.8 million people will travel within the U.K. during the weekend, according to data from VisitBritain's Bank Holiday Trip Tracker. An additional 6.4 million Brits remain undecided about their holiday plans, with many citing financial concerns as a reason to put off travel to foreign destinations.
Latest News & Stories
- Two weeks into 2017, Mediterranean migrant deaths rise on last year
- Spanish court jails 4 ex-bankers for misappropriation
- Brussels sees Spain's 2017 budget broadly in line with EU rules
- Government, opposition reach deal on “floor clause” refunds for mortgage holders
- EU tells Spain to brace for cuts due to likely 2017 deficit target miss
- A nominee emerges in battle to head Spain’s leaderless Socialists
- Murcia's San Javier Airport Passenger Numbers up 2.7%
- Spanish ambassador to UK resigns over 2003 military air crash
- Bodies of five migrants found off Spain's southern coast
- Time-zone change in Spain "Madness"