How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 9 December 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
European stocks fall
European shares were lower in early trade on Monday, retreating for a second day with banks and commodities the main fallers as investors became cautious on global recovery hopes.
By 8:10 a.m., the pan-European FTSEuro first 300 index of top shares was down 1.2 percent at 930.04 points.
In Asia, Chinese stocks slid 5.8 percent, while Japan's Nikkei average shed 3.1 percent.
"There is now a realisation that coming out of a recession is one thing, but building a recovery is another" said Justin Urquhart Stewart, director at Seven Investment Management.
"We are now down to how companies are going to grow. The growth we have seen out of Japan as well as Europe looks like it has been primarily based on government stimulation... the question is, is this sustainable?" he said.
Banks took the most points off the European index, with HSBC , BNP Paribas , UniCredit and Banco Santander down 1.2-1.8 percent.
Miners were in the doldrums as metal prices retreated on demand concerns. Fresnillo was 2.5 percent lower after it posted a 14 percent decline in first-half profits.
Energy stocks were lower as crude slipped below $67 a barrel. BG Group , BP , Royal Dutch Shell and Total were 0.6-0.8 percent lower.
Latest News & Stories
- Spainís struggling Socialists could have a new leader by summer
- Lycamobile Spain unlimited calls, 3GB bundle down to EUR 10
- Apple Pay launches in Spain
- Spain detains 30 in operation targetting illegal firearms
- Spain's Tuenti launches festive promo, offers 4GB for EUR 14
- Two left dead by torrential rains and flooding in southern Spain
- Spanish unemployment sees first November rise in three years