How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Monday 6 July 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
European stocks fall
European shares were lower in early trade on Monday, retreating for a second day with banks and commodities the main fallers as investors became cautious on global recovery hopes.
By 8:10 a.m., the pan-European FTSEuro first 300 index of top shares was down 1.2 percent at 930.04 points.
In Asia, Chinese stocks slid 5.8 percent, while Japan's Nikkei average shed 3.1 percent.
"There is now a realisation that coming out of a recession is one thing, but building a recovery is another" said Justin Urquhart Stewart, director at Seven Investment Management.
"We are now down to how companies are going to grow. The growth we have seen out of Japan as well as Europe looks like it has been primarily based on government stimulation... the question is, is this sustainable?" he said.
Banks took the most points off the European index, with HSBC , BNP Paribas , UniCredit and Banco Santander down 1.2-1.8 percent.
Miners were in the doldrums as metal prices retreated on demand concerns. Fresnillo was 2.5 percent lower after it posted a 14 percent decline in first-half profits.
Energy stocks were lower as crude slipped below $67 a barrel. BG Group , BP , Royal Dutch Shell and Total were 0.6-0.8 percent lower.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's DGT publishes details of surveillance on most dangerous roads
- Spanish operations of Facebook and Twitter made just €7m in 2014
- Most Spanish Lawyers saw profits up in 2014
- Spain says euro irreversible
- Heatwave sparks major wildfires in Spain
- Spain's anti-austerity Podemos tied with mainstream parties : Poll
- After Tunisia attack, sun-seekers switch to Spain
- Castellon Airport to promote tourism in Bristol and London
- Gibraltar protests over yet another Spanish Naval incursion
- Spain services growth slows in June (but so does unemployment)