How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 01 September 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
"Catalonia will not remain part of EU" : President Mas
Italian daily La Repubblica has printed an interview with Catalan Premier Arturo Mas, where he agreed that the region would not automatically become an EU member state in the event of an independent Catalonia.
I have given thought to the idea that in the initial moment between the referendum and the proclamation of the independence we could remain outside of Europe, Mas told the newspaper. This would be a shame because we want to remain in the EU.
We would need to find a transitional regime to avoid expulsion from the EU.
The President of Catalonia has called for a referendum into claiming Independence for the region in November 2014, despite the National Government of Spain declaring that such a measure would be illegal.
The comments are sure to cause concern to the pro-Independent first Minister of Scotland, Alex Salmond, who has previously stated how an Independent Scotland would be eligible to remain part of the EU.
The opinions of Herman Van Rompuy, the President of the European Commission, and EC President Jose Manuel Barroso, are aligned with that of President Mas.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain new car sales up 13.7 pct yr/yr in August
- AENA blames this weekend's flight delays on computer crash
- Britain's Barclays to sell Spanish assets to Caixabank
- Corvera Airline Deadline Slips Again, Airline Confirms Interest
- Civil Guards suspected of stealing pro-independence Catalan flag
- Ryanair eyes stake in Spanish Airports listing
- Gibraltar "Costs Spain EU1 Bln per year in Taxes"
- Bank of Spain : Current Account Balance Plummets in June y-on-y
- Spain Cleric : "Death to the Jews"
- Spain Fears Deflation
- Voting by post in Spanish elections
- The Legal and Judical System in Spain
- How to vote in the Spanish Elections