How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 19 January 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
"Catalonia will not remain part of EU" : President Mas
Italian daily La Repubblica has printed an interview with Catalan Premier Arturo Mas, where he agreed that the region would not automatically become an EU member state in the event of an independent Catalonia.
"I have given thought to the idea that in the initial moment between the referendum and the proclamation of the independence we could remain outside of Europe," Mas told the newspaper. "This would be a shame because we want to remain in the EU.
"We would need to find a transitional regime to avoid expulsion from the EU."
The President of Catalonia has called for a referendum into claiming Independence for the region in November 2014, despite the National Government of Spain declaring that such a measure would be illegal.
The comments are sure to cause concern to the pro-Independent first Minister of Scotland, Alex Salmond, who has previously stated how an Independent Scotland would be eligible to remain part of the EU.
The opinions of Herman Van Rompuy, the President of the European Commission, and EC President Jose Manuel Barroso, are aligned with that of President Mas.
Latest News & Stories
- Two weeks into 2017, Mediterranean migrant deaths rise on last year
- Spanish court jails 4 ex-bankers for misappropriation
- Brussels sees Spain's 2017 budget broadly in line with EU rules
- Government, opposition reach deal on “floor clause” refunds for mortgage holders
- EU tells Spain to brace for cuts due to likely 2017 deficit target miss
- A nominee emerges in battle to head Spain’s leaderless Socialists
- Murcia's San Javier Airport Passenger Numbers up 2.7%
- Spanish ambassador to UK resigns over 2003 military air crash
- Bodies of five migrants found off Spain's southern coast
- Time-zone change in Spain "Madness"
- Voting by post in Spanish elections
- The Legal and Judical System in Spain
- How to vote in the Spanish Elections