Blogs and advice from Industry leading Specialists
Valuable Opinions, Comments & Gossip
Financial related News & Articles relating to Spain
Latest News, Stories
& Hot Topics
Various Tools & Widgets to help with your financial needs
Tools & Widgets to
help with finances
Polls, Surveys and Opinions featured throughout Tumbit
Featured Polls, Surveys & Stats
Discussions, Advice & Topical Chat
Discussions, Advice & Topical Chat

Liva & Laia : About 6 Months - 6th Jan 2011

By Stine Kuskner - Mon 11th Apr 2011

Happy Three Kings to all of you who celebrate it today!!

What a weird day!!!! After all the tension there's been between Albert and I for the past month, all the emotions just took over this morning after him and I had given each other presents, so on top of not sleeping a lot last night and all the stress just being too much, I suddenly started crying this morning. But after a shower I felt much better.

We got to my mother-in-law's around 10:00, and as always my brother-in-law and his family were late - today about 30 minutes. It gave us some quiet time with the girls' grandparents which was nice. There were loads of presents, way too many considering the amount of people we are. My sister-in-law got mad about it and started telling my mother-in-law off. Then my father-in-law joined in, and next thing I know, everybody is arguing. My father-in-law said he would not put up with such behavior, and left... Poor man is 73 years old and lives over an hour away. The rest of us tried to have a nice day, though with tension between my brother-in-law and his wife. I felt soo bad that I forgot all my anger towards Albert for a while..... At one point my brother-in-law made a comment which pissed off his wife, so she took their 1 month old baby girl and left. After 30 minutes or so, she came back. We sat down to have brunch, but by now everybody was in a pretty bad mood. As soon as we were done eating, my brother-in-law and his family left. My 4-year old nephew wanted to stay with his grandmother, and I really don't blame him! Albert and I stayed as well, the girls napped and ate, and in the afternoon we went for a walk around Barcelona. It was nice!

All evening I've been steaming vegetables and making puré for the next few days. I've read it can be frozen, so I have tomorrow's puré in the fridge and the freezer full of tupperware boxes. I'm looking forward to seeing how the girls will react. I'm hoping that a heavier lunch will make them sleep a bit more in the afternoon, and then stay awake a bit longer - eat later and not wake up at 5:00 for their bottle.

This morning I managed to get them to sleep until 6:30 before they ate, but I was up twice before 6:30, and the girls didn't go back to sleep after eating. The ideal would be that they sleep about 1 hour longer!

We ordered high chairs for them over the internet while we were in Denmark. But since we weren't home we had to have them delivered in January, and since the company we ordered them from are shut the first week of January we don't have them yet. I hope they'll come next week, I really miss having high chairs after having had some for the month we were in Denmark.

Comment on this Blog

Be the first to comment on this Blog !!

Related Partners

Recommended Items

More Blogs By Stine Kuskner

Related Articles

Blogs From Other Users