How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 14 April 2014
- The Vegetarian Barbeque and the Unholy Sex
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
El Hierro Evacuees allowed 'controlled access' to homes
The Civil Protection Plan for Volcanic Risk (PEVOLCA) met again this afternoon, and have agreed to allow the residents of la Restinga, El Hierro, to have 'controlled access' to their properties.
The Director General of Security and Emergency, Juan Manuel Santana, held a briefing at the Cultural Center of El Pinar, where hhe announced that access would be under the strict supervisio of PEVOLCA together with the Police and the Canary Islands Civil Guard.
The Director General of Security and Emergency added that, depending on how the eruptive process changes over the next few days, the controled evacuation situation may changed, together with increasing the number of vehicles that can move around the town.
The number and intensity of earth tremors has declined over the last few days, however volcanic activity seems to have increased slightly, with the number of bubbles being brought to the surface indicating that the eruptive process has changed to another phase.
The attached video clip shows the bubbles from the eruptive process bringing volcanic rock and pummice to the surface.
Read further news stories about the El Hierro Volcano by clicking the link HERE .
Latest News & Stories
- Castellon Airport costs Valencia Ä46,300 per day
- EU sends investigators to Leon Airport
- Germany cancels scheme to attract young jobless from abroad
- Spain Unemployment to take decade to recover
- Less vehicles in Spain travel toll roads
- Spain approves coal subsidies ahead of shutdowns
- Spainís roads in worst condition since 1985
- Study reveals food and family main reasons behind expat repatriation
- Guardia Civil 'Brit Torturers' face 26 years
- Independent Catalaonia would not become EU member : Brussels
- How much Property Insurance do I really need ?
- How Can I Protect Against An Unwise Property Purchase ?
- How and where to Register your Property