How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Tuesday 2 September 2014
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
El Hierro Evacuees allowed 'controlled access' to homes
The Civil Protection Plan for Volcanic Risk (PEVOLCA) met again this afternoon, and have agreed to allow the residents of la Restinga, El Hierro, to have 'controlled access' to their properties.
The Director General of Security and Emergency, Juan Manuel Santana, held a briefing at the Cultural Center of El Pinar, where hhe announced that access would be under the strict supervisio of PEVOLCA together with the Police and the Canary Islands Civil Guard.
The Director General of Security and Emergency added that, depending on how the eruptive process changes over the next few days, the controled evacuation situation may changed, together with increasing the number of vehicles that can move around the town.
The number and intensity of earth tremors has declined over the last few days, however volcanic activity seems to have increased slightly, with the number of bubbles being brought to the surface indicating that the eruptive process has changed to another phase.
The attached video clip shows the bubbles from the eruptive process bringing volcanic rock and pummice to the surface.
Read further news stories about the El Hierro Volcano by clicking the link HERE .
Latest News & Stories
- Tax Hikes For UK Home-Owning Expats ?
- Spain unemployment benefit claims up in August
- Scottish Independence Vote Registration Looms, Expats Nervous
- Spain Struggles With 'Brain-Drain Exodus'
- Spain new car sales up 13.7 pct yr/yr in August
- AENA blames this weekend's flight delays on computer crash
- Britain's Barclays to sell Spanish assets to Caixabank
- Corvera Airline Deadline Slips Again, Airline Confirms Interest
- Civil Guards suspected of stealing pro-independence Catalan flag
- Ryanair eyes stake in Spanish Airports listing
- How much Property Insurance do I really need ?
- How Can I Protect Against An Unwise Property Purchase ?
- How and where to Register your Property