How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 26 March 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
El Hierro Evacuees allowed 'controlled access' to homes
The Civil Protection Plan for Volcanic Risk (PEVOLCA) met again this afternoon, and have agreed to allow the residents of la Restinga, El Hierro, to have 'controlled access' to their properties.
The Director General of Security and Emergency, Juan Manuel Santana, held a briefing at the Cultural Center of El Pinar, where hhe announced that access would be under the strict supervisio of PEVOLCA together with the Police and the Canary Islands Civil Guard.
The Director General of Security and Emergency added that, depending on how the eruptive process changes over the next few days, the controled evacuation situation may changed, together with increasing the number of vehicles that can move around the town.
The number and intensity of earth tremors has declined over the last few days, however volcanic activity seems to have increased slightly, with the number of bubbles being brought to the surface indicating that the eruptive process has changed to another phase.
The attached video clip shows the bubbles from the eruptive process bringing volcanic rock and pummice to the surface.
Read further news stories about the El Hierro Volcano by clicking the link HERE .
Latest News & Stories
- FCO Reveals Ridiculous Expat Requests
- Spain's vehicle production up 10.56% in Feb.
- Orange Spain collects used smartphones for Unicef project
- Low cost airline passengers arriving in Spain up 9.2%
- Rajoy’s Adviser ; "No Election Spending Spree in Spain"
- Investigators rule out mid-air explosion as cause of Alps crash
- Spain to offer passports for Sephardic Jews by May ?
- Spain sees new Bank launched for Expats
- Spain's Telefonica sells O2 UK to Hong Kong
- 2 Dead in Valencia Floods
- How much Property Insurance do I really need ?
- How Can I Protect Against An Unwise Property Purchase ?
- How and where to Register your Property