How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Wednesday 28 January 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
Corvera International airport, widely tipped to open in the summer of 2014, is located 2kms outside the town of Corvera in the Region of Murcia in eastern Spain.
The Airport is situated just 19kms from the Region's only other airport, San Javier Murcia, which is located on the Costa Calida and popular with local Holiday Home owners and Tourists, and 80kms away from neighbouring Alicante's El Altet airport.
Whilst there has been a Military airport at nearby San Javier for many years, there have been plans to build a commercial facility on the newly aqcuired site at Corvera for some time. It was only as recently as 2007 that the project to build Corvera International Airport was finally approved and planning and construction work was able to commence.
Unlike El Altet and San Javier airports, which are owned and operated by the Spanish Airports Authority - AENA - Corvera International airport will be owned and operated by the Region of Murcia, and as such will effectively be in competition with other airports.
Recent investment in the region, notably the Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain, which is located close by, and the Polaris World Golf resorts, have led to a significant improvements to the infrastructure leading to and from the airport. This includes additional motorways and connections to the national AVE high speed rail network.
The regional authorities estimate that, when fully operational, Corvera International Airport will cater for as many as 3 Million passengers every year, which is compared to 9.3 Million Passengers which El Altet recieved in 2009, with 1.7 Million for San Javier.