How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 6 December 2013
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Crime Pays (In Spain at least)
- Madrid : Spain's Fashion Centre
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Airports and Airlines Spain
There are a total of 55 Civilian airports in Spain, including the Canary and Balearic Islands, and Ceuta & Melilla, of which 49 are owned & operated by the Spanish Airport Authority (AENA) with the remainder being privately owned.
This number includes San Javier Airport, but not Corvera airport - both in Murcia. Plans are in place to close San Javier and simultaneoulsy commence operations at Corvera.
The new airport at Corvera will beocme the first in Spain to be Privately owned, but publicly run, with AENA taking a stake in the airport in lieu of compensation for the closure of San Javier.
|Airport||Location||IATA Airport code|
|Aeropuerto Central / Don Qioxte Airport||Ciudad Real||CQM|
|Alvedro Airport||La Coruña||LCG|
|Barajas International Airport||Madrid||MAD|
|Corvera International Airport||Murcia||RMU|
|Costa Azahar Airport||Castellon||CDT|
|Costa Brava Airport||Girona||GRO|
|Cuatro Vientos Airport||Madrid||MCV|
|El Matorral Airport||Fuerteventura||FUE|
|Federico Garcia Lorca Airport||Granada / Jaen||GRX|
|Fuenterrabia Airport||San Sebastian||EAS|
|Las Palmas Airport||SPC|
|Las Palmas Airport||Gran Canaria||LPA|
|Lavacolla Airport||Santiago de Compostela||SCQ|
|Los Rodeos Airport||Tenerife (North)||TFN|
|Pablo Ruiz Picasso||Malaga||AGP|
|Sur Reina Sofia||Tenerife (South)||TFS|
|Sabadell Airport||QSA *|
|San Pablo Airport||Seville||SVQ|
|Son Bonet||Mallorca||LESB *|
|Son San Juan Airport||Palma de Majorca||PMI|
|Talavera la Real||Badajoz||BJZ|
|* Non IATA Identifier|
By the end of 2010 Ryanair had overtaken Iberia as the largest carrier in Spain, and by the end of the first half of 2011 passenger numbers had increased by 30% on the previous year, and stood at almost 18 million.
Iberia, the national airline, is currently the second largest carrier, who transported 14 Million passengers in the same period.
Regardless of where you live or your reasons for visiting Spain, the whole process of searching for the cheapest and most convenient flights for you and your family can be time consuming. That's why here at Tumbit we have partnered with Cheapflights, who search through hundreds of available flights every day to find the best deals for you.