How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 9 December 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Corvera Airport "on hold"
An anonymous source at the Ministry of Public works has confirmed that developments at Corvera International Airport are currently "on hold".
The opening of the airport, privately owned by Aeromur and to be managed and operated by state-owned AENA, is believed to have been blocked for "military reasons".
The unnamed source went on to say how, aside from economic reasons, the operation of the airport has been suspended at the eleventh hour due to the importance that the Murcia area, has in offering security for Spain, Western Europe and NATO in the event of a nuclear threat.
Although this has still to be officially confirmed by government sources, if done so it will bring questions as to why this issue has only been addressed at this late stage in the proceedings and after millions of euros in private and public investment.
It is perhaps inevitable that parallels are going to be drawn with Castellon airport.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain’s struggling Socialists could have a new leader by summer
- Lycamobile Spain unlimited calls, 3GB bundle down to EUR 10
- Apple Pay launches in Spain
- Spain detains 30 in operation targetting illegal firearms
- Spain's Tuenti launches festive promo, offers 4GB for EUR 14
- Two left dead by torrential rains and flooding in southern Spain
- Spanish unemployment sees first November rise in three years
- Bank guarantees - when things go wrong
- Building Regulations - Rustic Land
- Building Regulations - Urban Land