How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 19 January 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Rajoy : Spain needs Euro 2012 boost
Spain need to win Euro 2012 to help lift the country out of its economic gloom, prime minister Mariano Rajoy said on Friday as the nation grappled with crippling recession, sky-high unemployment and a deepening banking crisis.
Visiting the Spanish squad at their training base outside Madrid, Rajoy said the joy the world champions would give the nation by retaining their Euro title would be "very comforting".
"I hope you win because as Spaniards we need a lift in such difficult times," Rajoy said.
"A triumph for the national team would be a morale boost for the whole of Spain," he added before being presented with a team shirt with "M. Rajoy" printed above the number 10 by coach Vicente del Bosque.
Spain play their final warm-up game on Sunday against China in Seville. The team's opening Group C match against Italy in Gdansk, Poland is on June 10.
They are bidding to become the first nation to win two straight European titles with a World Cup in between.
Latest News & Stories
- Two weeks into 2017, Mediterranean migrant deaths rise on last year
- Spanish court jails 4 ex-bankers for misappropriation
- Brussels sees Spain's 2017 budget broadly in line with EU rules
- Government, opposition reach deal on “floor clause” refunds for mortgage holders
- EU tells Spain to brace for cuts due to likely 2017 deficit target miss
- A nominee emerges in battle to head Spain’s leaderless Socialists
- Murcia's San Javier Airport Passenger Numbers up 2.7%
- Spanish ambassador to UK resigns over 2003 military air crash
- Bodies of five migrants found off Spain's southern coast
- Time-zone change in Spain "Madness"