How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Mr Grumpy v The Spanish Lifestyle
- Daily Brief - Friday 6 December 2013
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Madrid : Spain's Fashion Centre
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Paramount Murcia Theme Park : Construction to Commence October
The Annual General Meeting of the company behind the promotion and development of the Paramount Pictures theme park was held yesterday afternoon.
Jesus Samper, President of Premursa, told the press how the company's accounts had been unanimously approved by all shareholders.
The meeting was attended by Minister of Culture and Tourism, Pedro Alberto Cruz, the director general Enrique Ujaldón, and the representative of the Institute of Development, Isabel del Rey. The region of Murcia holds 3.4% of the shares in the venture, dominated by Santa Monica Financial Services, a subsidiary of Grupo Santa Monica Sports, SL.
Last year Premursa returned losses of €1.4 Billion, which was offset by a capital increase of €6 million.
Samper explained that meetings with investors are on-to course to gind the required €446 million euros to complete the theme park and LifeStyle Center, of which €135.8 million will be provided by investors, and a further €126.9 million will be generated by the project leader and other bank financing schemes.
Premursa needs a total of €30 million to start the project and is currently awaiting a response from the Ministry of Economy and Finance for their decision on the guaranteeof a €15 million loan with a number of Banks.
Jesus Samper confirmed that construction will start in autumn, following completion of the Urban and Envirnomental plan for the Municipality of Alhama, and a separate report for the Ministry of Public works concerning the viability of access to the park.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's El Gordo Lottery Tax Breakdown
- 3 Earthquakes in Lorca, Murcia
- Spain Appoints Cybersecurity Council
- Sale of Spain's Ciudad Real Airport Underway
- Spain expects 10'000 Bankruptcies in 2013
- Contract awarded to complete works at Castellon Airport
- Major delays with UK-Spain flights this weekend
- UK Notes "Historic Parallel" Between Ceuta, Melilla and Gibraltar
- Paramount UK in line for Gov't windfall : A Lesson for Murcia ?
- Catalonia wants to cancel licenses for at-risk drivers
- Bank guarantees - when things go wrong
- Building your own Home
- Building Regulations - Rustic Land
- Building Regulations - Urban Land