How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 29 January 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain's 2 top union leaders meet with King
Spain’s two top union leaders warned King Juan Carlos on Tuesday that the country will be heading toward “suicide” if the Popular Party (PP) government of Mariano Rajoy goes through with its painful austerity measures.
Fernando Toxo of the CCOO and the UGT’s Cándido Méndez suggested to the monarch that the string of budget cuts planned for the nation must be put to a vote in a referendum. The union chiefs, who met with the king at Zarzuela Palace for less than an hour, also said they were against a possible bailout by Brussels on top of the bank recapitalization plan that the Rajoy government has asked for, according to a joint statement issued by both unions.
The two leaders didn’t give any statements to reporters and left in separate vehicles.
Zarzuela sources said that the meeting, which was at the behest of the Royal Household, was just one of many the king regularly holds with different sectors of the country. Toxo and Méndez have also met with Rajoy and German Chancellor Angela Merkel over the past few weeks.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish Airports to see 25 days of strike action
- Islamisation "Stronger in Spain than Germany"
- Spanish court charges 10 priests with child sexual abuse
- Albanian named in helicopter crash in Spain suspected of smuggling drugs
- Caja Madrid officials who used “black” cards targeted in investigation
- British Expats Set To Lose Retirement Benefits
- Spain kicks off AENA share sale
- Spain arrests suspected militant cell in north Africa
- Murcia's San Javier Airport "to close within 6 months of Corvera opening"
- New Survey: The Future Looks Bright for Expat Workers
- Claiming Unemployment Benefits in Spain
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- Employing Staff in Spain