How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spain's 2 top union leaders meet with King
Spain’s two top union leaders warned King Juan Carlos on Tuesday that the country will be heading toward “suicide” if the Popular Party (PP) government of Mariano Rajoy goes through with its painful austerity measures.
Fernando Toxo of the CCOO and the UGT’s Cándido Méndez suggested to the monarch that the string of budget cuts planned for the nation must be put to a vote in a referendum. The union chiefs, who met with the king at Zarzuela Palace for less than an hour, also said they were against a possible bailout by Brussels on top of the bank recapitalization plan that the Rajoy government has asked for, according to a joint statement issued by both unions.
The two leaders didn’t give any statements to reporters and left in separate vehicles.
Zarzuela sources said that the meeting, which was at the behest of the Royal Household, was just one of many the king regularly holds with different sectors of the country. Toxo and Méndez have also met with Rajoy and German Chancellor Angela Merkel over the past few weeks.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain welcomes record number of international visitors
- Spain's 80% social security payment cuts grows self-employed by 267,000
- Spanish to become 'dominant' language in UK schools
- Spain watchdog backs shorter telecoms contracts
- UK MEP slams Spain's blame of crisis on Gays
- Spain to create 500,000 m2 mall space by 2016
- Earthquakes hit Southern Spain
- Gibraltar dismisses Spain’s ‘fanciful’ tax claims
- 1 Year Since Paramount Murcia Promise
- Spain sees EU130 Mln in aid to Canary tomatoes in 5 years
- Claiming Unemployment Benefits in Spain
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- Employing Staff in Spain