How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 21 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spain's 2 top union leaders meet with King
Spain’s two top union leaders warned King Juan Carlos on Tuesday that the country will be heading toward “suicide” if the Popular Party (PP) government of Mariano Rajoy goes through with its painful austerity measures.
Fernando Toxo of the CCOO and the UGT’s Cándido Méndez suggested to the monarch that the string of budget cuts planned for the nation must be put to a vote in a referendum. The union chiefs, who met with the king at Zarzuela Palace for less than an hour, also said they were against a possible bailout by Brussels on top of the bank recapitalization plan that the Rajoy government has asked for, according to a joint statement issued by both unions.
The two leaders didn’t give any statements to reporters and left in separate vehicles.
Zarzuela sources said that the meeting, which was at the behest of the Royal Household, was just one of many the king regularly holds with different sectors of the country. Toxo and Méndez have also met with Rajoy and German Chancellor Angela Merkel over the past few weeks.
Latest News & Stories
- 50% of Spain's workers earn under EU1,000 per month
- Spanish Attorney General Files Suit against Catalan President
- UK-Spain dispute over Gibraltar threatens European skies reform
- PM calls on opposition to “get serious” and detail plans for federal state
- Spain 2015 Michelin Restuarants Guide Released
- Gibraltar airs EU advice to Spain over border delays
- Spain finalizes direct flights with Azerbaijan for 2015
- Israel vexed at Spain’s move to recognise Palestinian state
- Orange reaches 2 million 4G customers in Spain
- Spain arrests Moroccan on terrorism charges
- Claiming Unemployment Benefits in Spain
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- Employing Staff in Spain