How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 31 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Spanish Football Players Call Off Strike
The Spanish players' union (AFE) have called off a strike planned for next weekend after reaching an agreement with the footballing authorities, sports minister Jaime Lissavetzky said on Tuesday.
The AFE had officially called for industrial action over unpaid wages, particularly in the third and fourth tiers of the game, that would affect matches across the top four leagues between April 16-19.
"There is a solid agreement," Lissavetzky was quoted as saying on the El Pais website.
"It establishes the bases for the future to continue moving forward, in which everyone has had to give ground."
Advances were made in talks on Monday between the AFE, the league, the federation and the government and the outlook had been positive for the return to the negotiating table on Tuesday.
The strike would have affected the matches between La Liga leaders Barcelona and city rivals Espanyol, and second-placed Real Madrid and Valencia, among others.
It would have placed additional strain on a calendar that is already tight because of this year's World Cup.
Latest News & Stories
- 83 Spain Ebola suspects to undergo further quarantine
- "Should Murcia compensate AENA for San Javier closure ?" : Senator
- EC Approve EU16 Mln Paramount Murcia Subsidy
- Google offer free 1 minute phone calls between Spain - UK
- Spain's most popular driving infractions : DGT report
- Spain to block watered-down Catalan vote on independence
- Pensioners sue Bank in Spanish IHT swindle
- Orange Spain brings 4G to Lorca, Murcia
- Banco Popular posts 2% rise in nine-month profit
- Spain to see Google Tax effective Jan 1st