How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 1 December 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Changes to Spain's MOT / ITV Procedures
Changes to the ITV/MOT legislation in Spain which comes into effect on May 1 means that cars which are found to have failed their MOT, or do not hold a valid certificate, will still be able to use the roads for a ten day period of grace. The driver will have to present the car for testing during the ten days, and will still have to pay a 150 € fine.
The change has been decided on as under the current system where the car's permission to be on the roads was removed, delays often occurred when it was time to be returned.
Currently ITV stations are failing one in five vehicles presented for not being roadworthy or for emitting more exhaust gases than permitted.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish unemployment sees first November rise in three years
- US developer planning mega-resort outside Madrid
- Spain to hike taxes on tobacco, alcohol and soft drinks to raise €8 billion
- Spain PM says must maintain policy of fiscal consolidation
- Bullish Spanish opposition calls on government to repeal “gag law”
- Spain's consumer prices rise 0.7 pct in Oct
- Lidl opens pop-up restaurant in Madrid
- Spanish economy to maintain growth rate in fourth quarter - economy minister
- 80% of Spaniards aged under 30 are still living with their parents
- Why does Spain collect less income tax than its EU neighbors ?
- Checks to make before buying a used car in Spain
- How to scrap a UK Car in Spain
- Your car's ITV (Spanish MOT)
- How to Import or Re-register a UK Car In Spain
- How to Apply for a Spanish Driving Licence
- What is the Law regarding Driving In Spain?
- Buying a Car in Spain