How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 30 January 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Caja Madrid refinances 3.9 bln eur of debt
Spanish savings bank Caja Madrid said on Friday it has made a series of bond issues for a total of more than 3.916 billion euros to refinance debt maturing in 2012 and 2013.
The operation is part of a debt refinancing agreement announced by the Spain's second-largest savings bank at the beginning of November.
Caja Madrid and six other regional savings banks are in the process of completing an Institutional Protection Scheme (SIP), where they will merge certain assets but each retain their legal identity.
The new merged entity will be the third-largest banking group in Spain after a government-driven consolidation process cuts the 45 savings banks to fewer than 20.
Caja Madrid said at the beginning of November it would offer bondholders the chance to refinance debt.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain sees average electricity bill increase 13.3% Jan-Dec 2014
- 100,000 people march in Madrid to support Podemos party
- Air Europa "Interested in Flying to Castellon Airport"
- Spain considers forcing trucks onto toll roads
- Rajoy : "Spain is the Sick Man of Europe"
- Podemos to March through Madrid Saturday
- Spanish growth accelerates
- Rajoy seeks to finalize anti-terrorist agreement with PSOE
- Spanish Airports to see 25 days of strike action
- Islamisation "Stronger in Spain than Germany"