How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 25 August 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Caja Madrid refinances 3.9 bln eur of debt
Spanish savings bank Caja Madrid said on Friday it has made a series of bond issues for a total of more than 3.916 billion euros to refinance debt maturing in 2012 and 2013.
The operation is part of a debt refinancing agreement announced by the Spain's second-largest savings bank at the beginning of November.
Caja Madrid and six other regional savings banks are in the process of completing an Institutional Protection Scheme (SIP), where they will merge certain assets but each retain their legal identity.
The new merged entity will be the third-largest banking group in Spain after a government-driven consolidation process cuts the 45 savings banks to fewer than 20.
Caja Madrid said at the beginning of November it would offer bondholders the chance to refinance debt.
Latest News & Stories
- Vodafone Spain to offer fibre in 750,000 more homes by Dec
- Spanish economy powers ahead as politicians dither
- Socialists to propose law change in bid to avoid Christmas Day elections
- Vodafone Spain expands 4G roaming to 100 countries
- Public works contracts fall by 20% due to political impasse and deficit reduction
- 24 arrested in Spain in joint EU operation against child pornography
- PP accepts Ciudadanos’ demand for further-reaching corruption measures
- Gibraltar signs LNG deal with Shell to combat electricity shortages
- Over 204,000 Moroccans Affiliated to Spanish Social Security
- Spain's Yoigo gains 19,900 mobile lines in July