How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 23 February 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Surge in online searches for Spanish properties
The overwhelming number of distressed properties currently on offer on the Spanish property market will ensure that the country continues to lead the way with online searches, one property portal claims.
Recent data released by Primelocation International reval that Spain is now the most searched for country for international property. In the last 12 months alone, enquiries for property in the Spain and it's Islands have surged by 43 per cent.
The director of another portal, Les Calvert of
Property-Abroad.com, believes that this is down to the increasing volume of repossessed properties now becoming available on the market.
"In Spain you have got a glut of repossessed properties that the banks are now forced to get rid of. Interest in Spain will continue to dominate the searches and will push the likes of America out of the field".
Mr Calvert went on to describe the situation as being similar to that witnessed in the USA, with Brits also increasingly looking for properties across the Atlantic due to the "extremely cheap" prices available at the moment.
Latest News & Stories
- Five women killed in four days as gender violence spikes in Spain
- Spain struggles with spike in migrant arrivals at North African exclave
- New Route Manchester - Seville
- How millions of Spanish fans are watching pirated soccer on Facebook Live
- Spain says butane gas-bottle truck theft not terrorist related
- Facebook user faces €30,000 fine for posting video of Spanish policeman
- Hundreds of migrants cross into Spain's Ceuta in second wave in 3 days
- Spain will drop out of the world’s 25 largest economies by 2050
- Brexit Worry as Spain Predict Financial Disaster
- 'That bus has gone' - EU sees no Brexit U-turn now
- The main differences between a Spanish and UK Mortgage
- Buying from an Estate Agent vs a Property Finder
- How Can I Protect Against An Unwise Property Purchase ?
- Choosing an Estate Agent
- An Introduction to Alternative Property Purchase Schemes
- The Property Buying Process in Spain
- Taxes associated with Buying & Selling Property
- How to Apply for a Mortgage in Spain