How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 6 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Surge in online searches for Spanish properties
The overwhelming number of distressed properties currently on offer on the Spanish property market will ensure that the country continues to lead the way with online searches, one property portal claims.
Recent data released by Primelocation International reval that Spain is now the most searched for country for international property. In the last 12 months alone, enquiries for property in the Spain and it's Islands have surged by 43 per cent.
The director of another portal, Les Calvert of
Property-Abroad.com, believes that this is down to the increasing volume of repossessed properties now becoming available on the market.
"In Spain you have got a glut of repossessed properties that the banks are now forced to get rid of. Interest in Spain will continue to dominate the searches and will push the likes of America out of the field".
Mr Calvert went on to describe the situation as being similar to that witnessed in the USA, with Brits also increasingly looking for properties across the Atlantic due to the "extremely cheap" prices available at the moment.
Latest News & Stories
- Aerocas approve award of contract for Castellon Airport
- Education reform protects Spanish more than other official languages
- Spain "should impose fiscal devaluation to restore competitiveness" : Montoro
- Orange Spain revenues down 1.9% in Q4 to €992 Mln
- Lidl to invest further €180 Mln in Spain
- Spain to ease corporate debt refinancing rules
- Catalonia to tax banks for keeping properties empty
- Drinking among Spanish youngsters on the rise
- Interior Minister to visit Ceuta and Melilla over “emergency” border situation
- Spain services sector grows for 4th straight month in Feb - PMI
- The main differences between a Spanish and UK Mortgage
- Buying from an Estate Agent vs a Property Finder
- How Can I Protect Against An Unwise Property Purchase ?
- Choosing an Estate Agent
- An Introduction to Alternative Property Purchase Schemes
- The Property Buying Process in Spain
- Taxes associated with Buying & Selling Property
- How to Apply for a Mortgage in Spain