How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Wednesday 23 April 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spain plans 10-year syndicated bond this month
Spain plans to issue a 10-year syndicated bond this month, a Treasury official told Thomson Reuters service IFR on Tuesday, repeating last year's issuance pattern as the country's yield spreads near euro-era highs.
"If market conditions allow we are planning a 10-year syndicated deal later this month, although no mandate has been given yet to any group of primary dealers," public debt manager at the Spanish Treasury Ignacio Fernandez-Palomero Morales told the news and analysis service.
"It remains part of the natural syndication process as the current 10-year issue will reach in the near term its maximum targeted size and we traditionally sell a new 10-year in January," he said.
Spain's debt market is under intense scrutiny as funding costs rise on the back of mounting investor concerns focused on the euro zone's periphery and a possible bailout plea by neighbouring Portugal.
The Treasury is expected to pay high yields on a 5-year bond issue on Thursday in what will be its first auction of the year.
Further along the yield curve, it regularly syndicates new benchmarks of 10-, 15- and 30-year bonds whenever it considers that the current maturities have reached targeted liquidity levels, the official noted.
Last year Spain's Treasury syndicated a 10-year transaction in January and a 15-year in February.
A report in newspaper El Mundo said the 10-year issue would seek to raise 6 billion euros and was being lined up for this week. The Treasury said there was no visibility on the issue's size.
Reports that Spain was in talks with individual investors to place a sizable debt issue were untrue, a spokesman for the Treasury said.
"There is no private placement of public debt. The idea that the Treasury is placing with a specific investor to avoid going to the market is absolutely false," he said.
The premium investors demand to hold Spanish debt over equivalent German Bunds rose to 278 basis points on Tuesday, close to the just over 300 bps euro-lifetime high hit in December.
Latest News & Stories
- Bankinter profit rise sets positive tone for Spain's banks
- Catalan leader to call independence vote despite Madrid resistance
- Spain "Violated Human Rights of Illegal Immigrants" : ECHR
- Spain to cut 2014 net debt issuance on higher tax revenue
- A fifth of British expats in Spain left last year
- Spain investigates offensive Twitter account
- Spain Easter road deaths up on 2013
- Poll finds Spain disapproves of homosexuality the least
- Orange Spain preparing new ADSL price reduction
- Gibraltar Fire Halts Easter Sunday Gambling