How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 23 February 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
'Provincial Government Remit Should be Cut' : Rubalcaba
The PSOE Prime Ministerial candidate Alfredo Pérez Rubalcaba commented yesterday how the country's provincial governments are surplus to requirement, and that a revision of the system is required.
El Pais reported Rubalcaba's commented : "[The delegations] form part of a 19th-century structure that we need to redefine," Rubalcaba said in Santander on Tuesday. "If the delegations want to carry on doing what they do now, I think they are superfluous."
The provincial delegations are intermediaries between town halls and regional governments, and have limited authority. Their main role is to distribute funds among the smaller Towns for various expenses and investment.
In response to Rubalcaba's comments, the campaign director for the PP Opposition, Ana Mato, said that they favored a "restructuring" of all public administrations, rather than "simply reducing" the role of the provinces.
Mariano Rajoy, the prime ministerial candidate for the PP, which now governs in the majority of the Country's regions and Municipalities, has implemented a plan to reduce public institutions should he win November general elections in order to avoid overlaps of power and achieve a more efficient and economical government.
Latest News & Stories
- Five women killed in four days as gender violence spikes in Spain
- Spain struggles with spike in migrant arrivals at North African exclave
- New Route Manchester - Seville
- How millions of Spanish fans are watching pirated soccer on Facebook Live
- Spain says butane gas-bottle truck theft not terrorist related
- Facebook user faces €30,000 fine for posting video of Spanish policeman
- Hundreds of migrants cross into Spain's Ceuta in second wave in 3 days
- Spain will drop out of the world’s 25 largest economies by 2050
- Brexit Worry as Spain Predict Financial Disaster
- 'That bus has gone' - EU sees no Brexit U-turn now
- Voting by post in Spanish elections
- How to vote in the Spanish Elections
- How to Register on the Padron