How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Monday 23 January 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
'Provincial Government Remit Should be Cut' : Rubalcaba
The PSOE Prime Ministerial candidate Alfredo Pérez Rubalcaba commented yesterday how the country's provincial governments are surplus to requirement, and that a revision of the system is required.
El Pais reported Rubalcaba's commented : "[The delegations] form part of a 19th-century structure that we need to redefine," Rubalcaba said in Santander on Tuesday. "If the delegations want to carry on doing what they do now, I think they are superfluous."
The provincial delegations are intermediaries between town halls and regional governments, and have limited authority. Their main role is to distribute funds among the smaller Towns for various expenses and investment.
In response to Rubalcaba's comments, the campaign director for the PP Opposition, Ana Mato, said that they favored a "restructuring" of all public administrations, rather than "simply reducing" the role of the provinces.
Mariano Rajoy, the prime ministerial candidate for the PP, which now governs in the majority of the Country's regions and Municipalities, has implemented a plan to reduce public institutions should he win November general elections in order to avoid overlaps of power and achieve a more efficient and economical government.
Latest News & Stories
- Rising oil prices threaten Spain’s economic growth model
- Spanish bank count 3 billion euro cost of mortgage refunds
- Almost 500 people arrested in Spain for animal abuse in 2016: new report
- Spain's Sabadell sees up to 490-mln-euro hit from mortgage floor contacts
- Spanish hotel boss warns sector is feeling first effects of Brexit
- Two weeks into 2017, Mediterranean migrant deaths rise on last year
- Spanish court jails 4 ex-bankers for misappropriation
- Brussels sees Spain's 2017 budget broadly in line with EU rules
- Government, opposition reach deal on “floor clause” refunds for mortgage holders
- EU tells Spain to brace for cuts due to likely 2017 deficit target miss
- Voting by post in Spanish elections
- How to vote in the Spanish Elections
- How to Register on the Padron