How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 26 August 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
'Provincial Government Remit Should be Cut' : Rubalcaba
The PSOE Prime Ministerial candidate Alfredo Pérez Rubalcaba commented yesterday how the country's provincial governments are surplus to requirement, and that a revision of the system is required.
El Pais reported Rubalcaba's commented : "[The delegations] form part of a 19th-century structure that we need to redefine," Rubalcaba said in Santander on Tuesday. "If the delegations want to carry on doing what they do now, I think they are superfluous."
The provincial delegations are intermediaries between town halls and regional governments, and have limited authority. Their main role is to distribute funds among the smaller Towns for various expenses and investment.
In response to Rubalcaba's comments, the campaign director for the PP Opposition, Ana Mato, said that they favored a "restructuring" of all public administrations, rather than "simply reducing" the role of the provinces.
Mariano Rajoy, the prime ministerial candidate for the PP, which now governs in the majority of the Country's regions and Municipalities, has implemented a plan to reduce public institutions should he win November general elections in order to avoid overlaps of power and achieve a more efficient and economical government.
Latest News & Stories
- 1,785 Spanish Drivers apprehended for Drink and Drugs in 3 days
- Spanish retail sales rise 4.9% on year in July
- Vodafone Spain to offer fibre in 750,000 more homes by Dec
- Spanish economy powers ahead as politicians dither
- Socialists to propose law change in bid to avoid Christmas Day elections
- Vodafone Spain expands 4G roaming to 100 countries
- Public works contracts fall by 20% due to political impasse and deficit reduction
- 24 arrested in Spain in joint EU operation against child pornography
- PP accepts Ciudadanos’ demand for further-reaching corruption measures
- Gibraltar signs LNG deal with Shell to combat electricity shortages
- Voting by post in Spanish elections
- How to vote in the Spanish Elections
- How to Register on the Padron