How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations in the UK aswell as on residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Cactus Language has a program to suit your needs!
- Why every Expat is a scumbag
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Lorca Earthquakes 2 Year Anniversary
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- El Escorial
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
'Provincial Government Remit Should be Cut' : Rubalcaba
The PSOE Prime Ministerial candidate Alfredo Pérez Rubalcaba commented yesterday how the country's provincial governments are surplus to requirement, and that a revision of the system is required.
El Pais reported Rubalcaba's commented : "[The delegations] form part of a 19th-century structure that we need to redefine," Rubalcaba said in Santander on Tuesday. "If the delegations want to carry on doing what they do now, I think they are superfluous."
The provincial delegations are intermediaries between town halls and regional governments, and have limited authority. Their main role is to distribute funds among the smaller Towns for various expenses and investment.
In response to Rubalcaba's comments, the campaign director for the PP Opposition, Ana Mato, said that they favored a "restructuring" of all public administrations, rather than "simply reducing" the role of the provinces.
Mariano Rajoy, the prime ministerial candidate for the PP, which now governs in the majority of the Country's regions and Municipalities, has implemented a plan to reduce public institutions should he win November general elections in order to avoid overlaps of power and achieve a more efficient and economical government.
Comment on this Story
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish Residents declare overseas assets equaivalent of 9% of GDP
- Zapatero : "The best Ex-Prime Minister"
- Spain to award Residency to buyers of luxury property
- Amnesty International Slams Spain's Human Rights Record .... Again
- Spain property eviction numbers questioned
- Naked Bullfighting Protest in Barcelona
- Jetset Lifestyle of Spanish Builders Crashes
- Spanish regulator to probe Bankia share trading
- Spain's cost of borrowing increases for first time in 4 months
- British Consulate to hold event for victims of Domestic Violence
- Voting by post in Spanish elections
- How to vote in the Spanish Elections
- How to Register on the Padron