How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 6 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Madrid - Lisbon AVE link Cancelled
The Prime Minister of Portugal, Pedro Passos Coelho, has goven an interview on Portuguese TV, where he has confirmed the suspension of the AVE high speed train route to link the capital cities of Lisbon and Madrid.
The decision to link the cities was officially confirmed at the Iberia Summit, some eight years ago, and had received on-going support at subsequent summits.
The PM said that the Portuguese people could not understand why the project should continue at a time when the country was facing so much financial difficulties.
The confirmation follows months of speculation, where Portugal has also previously announced the cancelation of a number of other projects included new motorways and a new airport to serve the capital, Lisbon.
Last month Portuguese Federation of Construction and Public Works Industry (FEPICOPS) reported how in the last year unemployment in the sector had grown by some 14% - 71'000 people.
Latest News & Stories
- Aerocas approve award of contract for Castellon Airport
- Education reform protects Spanish more than other official languages
- Spain "should impose fiscal devaluation to restore competitiveness" : Montoro
- Orange Spain revenues down 1.9% in Q4 to €992 Mln
- Lidl to invest further €180 Mln in Spain
- Spain to ease corporate debt refinancing rules
- Catalonia to tax banks for keeping properties empty
- Drinking among Spanish youngsters on the rise
- Interior Minister to visit Ceuta and Melilla over “emergency” border situation
- Spain services sector grows for 4th straight month in Feb - PMI