How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- EUR weekly currency update - 24 November 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Madrid - Lisbon AVE link Cancelled
The Prime Minister of Portugal, Pedro Passos Coelho, has goven an interview on Portuguese TV, where he has confirmed the suspension of the AVE high speed train route to link the capital cities of Lisbon and Madrid.
The decision to link the cities was officially confirmed at the Iberia Summit, some eight years ago, and had received on-going support at subsequent summits.
The PM said that the Portuguese people could not understand why the project should continue at a time when the country was facing so much financial difficulties.
The confirmation follows months of speculation, where Portugal has also previously announced the cancelation of a number of other projects included new motorways and a new airport to serve the capital, Lisbon.
Last month Portuguese Federation of Construction and Public Works Industry (FEPICOPS) reported how in the last year unemployment in the sector had grown by some 14% - 71'000 people.
Latest News & Stories
- 75% of Canary Island residents oppose oil exploration
- 60% of young Spaniards plan to move abroad to find work
- 50% of Spanish Adults Speak a 2nd Language
- Spain launches EU282 mln state telecoms tender
- Podemos most popular party in Spain: Poll
- Spain arrests three priests in Granada sexual abuse ring
- Spain's Telefonica in preliminary talks with BT over UK operations
- Spain's 'Flawed' Public Security Bill
- Barcelona Said to Be Considered as Site of Spain’s Senate
- Cargo Train to link China to Spain