How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 27 May 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Madrid - Lisbon AVE link Cancelled
The Prime Minister of Portugal, Pedro Passos Coelho, has goven an interview on Portuguese TV, where he has confirmed the suspension of the AVE high speed train route to link the capital cities of Lisbon and Madrid.
The decision to link the cities was officially confirmed at the Iberia Summit, some eight years ago, and had received on-going support at subsequent summits.
The PM said that the Portuguese people could not understand why the project should continue at a time when the country was facing so much financial difficulties.
The confirmation follows months of speculation, where Portugal has also previously announced the cancelation of a number of other projects included new motorways and a new airport to serve the capital, Lisbon.
Last month Portuguese Federation of Construction and Public Works Industry (FEPICOPS) reported how in the last year unemployment in the sector had grown by some 14% - 71'000 people.
Latest News & Stories
- Facebook and Microsoft to install “megacable” between Spain and US
- Vodafone Spain to start offering Telefonica indirect fibre
- Spain arrests 30 suspected of laundering money in bitcoin centres
- Passenger flight dodges three drones before landing in Bilbao
- Almost 30% of Spaniards at risk of poverty or social exclusion
- Spain tops euro zone for political risk to the economy, says ECB
- 30 arrests in Spain for pay-TV piracy
- Spain's centre-right PP to strengthen position in election - poll
- Popular Party faces freeze on assets if it fails to pay €1.2m civil bond