How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- The Only Winner of Spain's 2013 El Gordo Lottery ?
- The Charm of Seville
- Daily Brief - Wednesday 18 December 2013
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Spanish Parliament to be dissolved Monday
The final session of Spain's parliament ended earlier today, ahead of being dissolved on Monday to allow time for parties to prepare and canvass for votes for the coming general election on November 20th.
Today session saw a unanimous approval of the newly restored wealth tax that saw 176 votes in favour, 2 votes against, and 166 abstentions.
That tax is estimated to effect 160'000 Spanish residents who have assets of more than 700'000 Euros in value (excluding their homes) and will bring 2 Billion Euros per year to the Economy.
The tax will remain a temporary measure, and only be in place for 2011 and 2012.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's Congress approves overhaul of state pensions
- Police search PP HQ in Madrid
- Expats Returning to UK to face new benefit curbs
- Spain's ONO up for sale in 2014
- Spain to take action against short sales in Bankia
- Spain Markets Splinter as Europe Builds Bank Union
- Spanish Thief Catches Paedophile
- Spain Annuls Electricity Rate Hike Auction
- EU state aid probe 'not anti-Spain campaign'
- Spain Gov't to Debate Abortion Reform Friday