How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 6 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Rajoy and Rubalcaba meet for lunch
Rajoy and Rubalcaba met yesterday over lunch to agree upon the renewal of the composition of key state institutions by the start of summer.
The institutions they agreed to review include the Constitutional Court, the Court of Auditors, the state broadcaster and the office of the Ombudsman.
The Socialist leader described his first personal meeting with the PM as “honest and sincere.” The two agreed to forge a joint stance in matters of foreign policy, defense, and the fight against terrorism as “policies of state.”
Rubalcaba also reiterated his pledge to head a “useful opposition” to the conservative Popular party government, and agreed to work with the on the “structural reforms” Spain needs.
However, the leaders agreed to disagree on a number of issues, notably the details of last week's labor reforms, with the PSOE pledging to push for ammendments to the decree.
Latest News & Stories
- Premursa Previous With Paramount Recruitment ?
- Property prices fall 37% since 2007 highs
- Interior Ministry to install “anti-climb mesh” on Ceuta and Melilla borders
- Rajoy offers last-minute support for Merkel’s choice in EU vote
- Spain approves larger U.S. force at base
- Spain struggles to pull together multibillion euro highway bail-out
- Spain airport operator AENA eyes IPO this year
- Spanish Transport Federation Denounces British Transport Tax
- Spain marks 10th anniversary of Madrid bombings
- Spain sees closure of 27 bars per day during crisis
- Employee rights & working conditions in Spain
- Finding a Job in Spain
- Employing Staff in Spain
- Buying an Existing Business