How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 6 December 2013
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Crime Pays (In Spain at least)
- Madrid : Spain's Fashion Centre
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Spanish Tourism Stats Confusion
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Changes to Spain Property Taxes
The Spanish Tax Authorities have increased the amount of transfer tax payable on the purchase / sale of all residential properties in Spain to 8% for properties whose purchase price is up to 400.000 Euros.
This amount increases to 9% for properties between 400.00 and 700.000 Euros and then increases to 10% for all properties beyond 700.000 Euros.
With regards to changes made to the Capital Gains Tax paid by Spanish residents for the sale of Spanish properties, the rate has changed to 19% for up to 6.000 euros and from 21% beyond that amount.
New properties VAT stays at 4% for this year.
Stamp duty has also been increased to 1,20%.
Thanks to Perez Legal Group for providing Tumbit with this information.
Latest News & Stories
- 3 Earthquakes in Lorca, Murcia
- Spain Appoints Cybersecurity Council
- Sale of Spain's Ciudad Real Airport Underway
- Spain expects 10'000 Bankruptcies in 2013
- Contract awarded to complete works at Castellon Airport
- Major delays with UK-Spain flights this weekend
- UK Notes "Historic Parallel" Between Ceuta, Melilla and Gibraltar
- Paramount UK in line for Gov't windfall : A Lesson for Murcia ?
- Catalonia wants to cancel licenses for at-risk drivers
- Merkel Denies Forcing Spain Into Bailout
- Capital Gains Tax in Spain
- The Property Buying Process in Spain
- Taxes associated with Buying & Selling Property