How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 02 October 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Changes to Spain Property Taxes
The Spanish Tax Authorities have increased the amount of transfer tax payable on the purchase / sale of all residential properties in Spain to 8% for properties whose purchase price is up to 400.000 Euros.
This amount increases to 9% for properties between 400.00 and 700.000 Euros and then increases to 10% for all properties beyond 700.000 Euros.
With regards to changes made to the Capital Gains Tax paid by Spanish residents for the sale of Spanish properties, the rate has changed to 19% for up to 6.000 euros and from 21% beyond that amount.
New properties VAT stays at 4% for this year.
Stamp duty has also been increased to 1,20%.
Thanks to Perez Legal Group for providing Tumbit with this information.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain passes law against double charges at bank ATMs
- Spain working on Ireland-Andalucia new flight routes
- S&P raises Spain's credit rating to BBB+
- Spain gives citizenship to thousands with Sephardic roots
- Spain sees unemployment claims grow by 26,087 in September
- Spain sets December 20th for general election
- Spain seeks to overturn Prestige tanker spill acquittals
- Spanish police find migrant in spare wheel well of car
- Spanish government may claim damages from Volkswagen
- Spain's Inflation Rate Drops 0.9% in September
- Capital Gains Tax in Spain
- The Property Buying Process in Spain
- Taxes associated with Buying & Selling Property