How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Mr Grumpy : Officially an 'Old Bastard'
- Mixed Reaction to ECB Rate Cut
- Lorca Earthquakes 2 Year Anniversary
- Join us on the Costa del Sol to discuss your Spanish IHT requirements
- El Escorial
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Unauthorised Financial Advisers in Spain : UPDATE
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Caldendar Girls
- Own a Property in Spain ? Then you need to read the following
- EU Summit Eagerly Anticipated
- Travel Money Made Easy !
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Changes to Spain Property Taxes
The Spanish Tax Authorities have increased the amount of transfer tax payable on the purchase / sale of all residential properties in Spain to 8% for properties whose purchase price is up to 400.000 Euros.
This amount increases to 9% for properties between 400.00 and 700.000 Euros and then increases to 10% for all properties beyond 700.000 Euros.
With regards to changes made to the Capital Gains Tax paid by Spanish residents for the sale of Spanish properties, the rate has changed to 19% for up to 6.000 euros and from 21% beyond that amount.
New properties VAT stays at 4% for this year.
Stamp duty has also been increased to 1,20%.
Thanks to Perez Legal Group for providing Tumbit with this information.
Comment on this Story
Latest News & Stories
- Spain to close 48 railway routes
- Regional debt falls in Q1
- Changes to Spain's Education System Approved
- Expats targeted by money launderers
- Night in the Cells for Spanish Banker
- IMF Inspectors to visit Spain next week
- Spain to Clamp Down on "Tax Havens"
- Bank of Spain Debts Jump in March
- Hunt for those at fault for Spain's bank crisis gains pace
- Spanish King Sacrifices Royal Yacht
- Capital Gains Tax in Spain
- The Property Buying Process in Spain
- Taxes associated with Buying & Selling Property