How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 21 October 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Changes to Spain Property Taxes
The Spanish Tax Authorities have increased the amount of transfer tax payable on the purchase / sale of all residential properties in Spain to 8% for properties whose purchase price is up to 400.000 Euros.
This amount increases to 9% for properties between 400.00 and 700.000 Euros and then increases to 10% for all properties beyond 700.000 Euros.
With regards to changes made to the Capital Gains Tax paid by Spanish residents for the sale of Spanish properties, the rate has changed to 19% for up to 6.000 euros and from 21% beyond that amount.
New properties VAT stays at 4% for this year.
Stamp duty has also been increased to 1,20%.
Thanks to Perez Legal Group for providing Tumbit with this information.
Latest News & Stories
- Thousands of Dogs and Owners March Against Animal Cruelty
- Margallo Sparks Tensions, Rajoy Gives Assurances
- Poll Reveals PP Coalition Victory in THIRD election
- Capital Gains Tax in Spain
- The Property Buying Process in Spain
- Taxes associated with Buying & Selling Property