How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 20 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
'Closer Regulation of Estate Agents Required'
The Bank Guarantees in Spain Action Group has welcomed the recent statement by the British Embassy in Spain, urging property buyers to take the appropriate advice before making any purchase.
However, the group has suggested that the EU should also investigate unscrupulous Estate Agents and Developers who are still allowed to operate in Spain, calling for the industry to be regulated by means of a similar body to the NAEA in the UK, and with all such businesses being fully licenced and insured.
Keith Rule, on behalf of the Group, said how such Agents are often the first link in the purchase chain and hold the most influencel when it comes to purchasers parting with their money to buy off-plan or resale property. If such agents were regulated they would take a stricter approach to promoting 'illegal' re-sale properties and off-plan developments with no Bank Guarantees, amongst other problems.
Mr Rule also called for Lawyers who offer conveyancing services to become more closely regulated and trained by their Bar Associations as well as stricter supervision for the Banking Industry as a whole.
Latest News & Stories
- Murcia to pay EU7 Mln in Corvera Airport Interest by end 2014
- Easyjet Flight to Malaga "too heavy to fly"
- 12.3% of Working Spaniards "Under Poverty Line"
- "Only Catalan premier can call early elections"
- 50 immigrants breach Spain's African frontier
- Thousands of Catalans crowd Barcelona to call for early elections
- Jet2 linked to Castellon Airport
- Lidl Spain Defends Underpricing WIne
- Seville school faces trial for refusing of gay couple’s child
- Spain bad loans ratio rises to 13.2% in August
- Bank guarantees - when things go wrong
- The Coastal Property Law
- LRAU – (The Valencian Land Grab Law) explained