How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Corvera, Castellon & Ciudad Real : THIS is how you run a private airport!
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
'Closer Regulation of Estate Agents Required'
The Bank Guarantees in Spain Action Group has welcomed the recent statement by the British Embassy in Spain, urging property buyers to take the appropriate advice before making any purchase.
However, the group has suggested that the EU should also investigate unscrupulous Estate Agents and Developers who are still allowed to operate in Spain, calling for the industry to be regulated by means of a similar body to the NAEA in the UK, and with all such businesses being fully licenced and insured.
Keith Rule, on behalf of the Group, said how such Agents are often the first link in the purchase chain and hold the most influencel when it comes to purchasers parting with their money to buy off-plan or resale property. If such agents were regulated they would take a stricter approach to promoting 'illegal' re-sale properties and off-plan developments with no Bank Guarantees, amongst other problems.
Mr Rule also called for Lawyers who offer conveyancing services to become more closely regulated and trained by their Bar Associations as well as stricter supervision for the Banking Industry as a whole.
Latest News & Stories
- Spanish to become 'dominant' language in UK schools
- Spain watchdog backs shorter telecoms contracts
- UK MEP slams Spain's blame of crisis on Gays
- Spain to create 500,000 m2 mall space by 2016
- Earthquakes hit Southern Spain
- Gibraltar dismisses Spain’s ‘fanciful’ tax claims
- 1 Year Since Paramount Murcia Promise
- Spain sees EU130 Mln in aid to Canary tomatoes in 5 years
- Number of Foreign Students Studying in Spain Falls
- Spanish cigarette sales plummet 50% in last 5 years
- Bank guarantees - when things go wrong
- The Coastal Property Law
- LRAU – (The Valencian Land Grab Law) explained