How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 24 February 2017
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
'Closer Regulation of Estate Agents Required'
The Bank Guarantees in Spain Action Group has welcomed the recent statement by the British Embassy in Spain, urging property buyers to take the appropriate advice before making any purchase.
However, the group has suggested that the EU should also investigate unscrupulous Estate Agents and Developers who are still allowed to operate in Spain, calling for the industry to be regulated by means of a similar body to the NAEA in the UK, and with all such businesses being fully licenced and insured.
Keith Rule, on behalf of the Group, said how such Agents are often the first link in the purchase chain and hold the most influencel when it comes to purchasers parting with their money to buy off-plan or resale property. If such agents were regulated they would take a stricter approach to promoting 'illegal' re-sale properties and off-plan developments with no Bank Guarantees, amongst other problems.
Mr Rule also called for Lawyers who offer conveyancing services to become more closely regulated and trained by their Bar Associations as well as stricter supervision for the Banking Industry as a whole.
Latest News & Stories
- Five women killed in four days as gender violence spikes in Spain
- Spain struggles with spike in migrant arrivals at North African exclave
- New Route Manchester - Seville
- How millions of Spanish fans are watching pirated soccer on Facebook Live
- Spain says butane gas-bottle truck theft not terrorist related
- Facebook user faces €30,000 fine for posting video of Spanish policeman
- Hundreds of migrants cross into Spain's Ceuta in second wave in 3 days
- Spain will drop out of the world’s 25 largest economies by 2050
- Brexit Worry as Spain Predict Financial Disaster
- 'That bus has gone' - EU sees no Brexit U-turn now
- Bank guarantees - when things go wrong
- The Coastal Property Law
- LRAU – (The Valencian Land Grab Law) explained