How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- USD weekly currency update- 12 February 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Murcia Mayor criticises PP over Corvera uncertainty
Juan Patricio Castro, the Socialist Mayor of the City of Murcia, has criticised the regional PP Government for raising the expectations of Murcia residents over the promise of jobs at Corvera International airport.
The neighbouring municipality of Fuente Alamo recently took the decision to suspend the training courses planned for potential employees at the airport, at the request of the Employment and Training Service (SEF). Castro questioned whether the municpality of Murcia, who share responsibility for the airport with Fuente Alamo, had received similar notification from the SEF.
In February of last year the Regional Employment Service announced that 1,150 candidate would undergo training for a number of different roles at the airport, narrowed down from over 25'000 applications. More recently, the transfer of AENA employees from San Javier airport has resulted in a downward revision of the number of positions available, which will now stand at 500 : 330 from Murcia and 170 from Fuente Alamo.
Castro criticised the PP for the lack of solid information - firstly in the exact number of jobs to be created at the airport, and secondly in the opening date, which are still be advised.
Latest News & Stories
- Corvera Airport Passenger Forecast Revised
- Andalusia property owners must register under new rules
- Spain likely missed deficit goal in 2015: economy minister
- The 6 Year Sickie
- Spanish government using courts to avoid freedom of information requests
- Rajoy refuses PSOE leader handshake
- New businesses in Spain rises by 0.5 pct in 2015
- 2 New cases of Zika in Spain brings total to 9
- Spain housing sales rise 11.1 percent in 2015 y/y
- Session to name Spainís next PM may take place in early March