How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Friday 4 September 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Merkel praises Spain's aid request
Germany's Angela Merkel praised on Tuesday Spain's decision to request EU aid to recapitalise its banks but criticised the EU banking authority that supervised "stress tests" for failing to show up the shortcomings of the Spanish banking system.
"It was right for Spain to ask for help recapitalising its banks," said the chancellor, adding that the cause of Spain's crisis was "the Spanish property bubble of the last 10 years" rather than macroeconomic factors.
The European Banking Authority's remit had been undermined by national oversight bodies acting "out of misguided national pride", which had led to inaccurate stress tests, she said.
"If we need European institutions that provide better oversight of banks, we have to be prepared to give up more national supervision," Merkel told a meeting of conservative supporters from the German business world in Berlin.
The centre-right chancellor again rejected calls for common euro zone bonds, calling the debate an unwelcome distraction, and added that her country could not condone proposals that would only exacerbate the sovereign debt crisis.
"Germany - and I can say this for the whole country - is prepared to do more on integration but we cannot get involved in things which I am convinced will lead to an even bigger disaster than the situation we are in today," said Merkel.
Latest News & Stories
- Cameron wins Spain's backing for EU reform drive
- "Spain will accept its corresponding refugee share" : FM
- Spain's Rajoy says general election likely on December 20th
- Merkel calls on Catalonia to respect territorial sovereignty agreements
- Madrid and Barcelona city councils launch plan to help refugees
- Vodafone Spain to launch Netflix service in October
- Germany, Spain call for uniform EU asylum policy
- Spain is best example that Europe is doing things right: Schaeuble
- Catholic Church wants jail for protestors who interrupted Mass
- Vodafone Spain launches exclusive gold S6 Edge+
- Applying for an EHIC Card as a Spanish Resident
- What is the Euribor ?
- When you canít pay the Mortgage