How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Friday 11 July 2014
- Things that have annoyed me this week
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Merkel praises Spain's aid request
Germany's Angela Merkel praised on Tuesday Spain's decision to request EU aid to recapitalise its banks but criticised the EU banking authority that supervised "stress tests" for failing to show up the shortcomings of the Spanish banking system.
"It was right for Spain to ask for help recapitalising its banks," said the chancellor, adding that the cause of Spain's crisis was "the Spanish property bubble of the last 10 years" rather than macroeconomic factors.
The European Banking Authority's remit had been undermined by national oversight bodies acting "out of misguided national pride", which had led to inaccurate stress tests, she said.
"If we need European institutions that provide better oversight of banks, we have to be prepared to give up more national supervision," Merkel told a meeting of conservative supporters from the German business world in Berlin.
The centre-right chancellor again rejected calls for common euro zone bonds, calling the debate an unwelcome distraction, and added that her country could not condone proposals that would only exacerbate the sovereign debt crisis.
"Germany - and I can say this for the whole country - is prepared to do more on integration but we cannot get involved in things which I am convinced will lead to an even bigger disaster than the situation we are in today," said Merkel.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain's Prado loses 885 peices of art
- BBVA expects profit boost from Catalunya Banc purchase
- Spain sets rules for dealing with unaccompanied foreign children
- Catalan Separatists Say Debt Investors Can Help Campaign
- Travel authorities call for responsible tourism in Spain after sex scandal
- Spain's AENA appoints banks for IPO
- Spain sets another record for foreign tourism
- Gibraltar says data proves Spain border queues are deliberate
- BBVA to buy Spain's nationalized Catalunya Banc
- Spain set to double rail accident compensation
- Applying for an EHIC Card as a Spanish Resident
- What is the Euribor ?
- When you canít pay the Mortgage