How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Tuesday 6 December 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
RENFE to Strike on Friday 3rd August
Unions representing Spain's railway workers have called a strike on Friday of this week - the 3rd August.
Employees want to show their opposition to the recently announced plans to divide the state-operated RENFE into four separate companies to cover Passenger transport; Commercial freight; Maintenance and rolling stock.
The Unions and their representatives are concerned that this measure is intended to manoeuvre the sector into a position where it can be quickly and easily privatised.
The Government has imposed minimum services of 75% for all AVE and long distance trains; 67% for shorter journeys; 60% for rush hour train journeys in and around the capital, with 42% of all other services remaining unaffected for the rest of the day.
Picket lines have been announced for Friday of this week, with a further strike due to take place on September 17th.
Latest News & Stories
- Spain detains 30 in operation targetting illegal firearms
- Spain's Tuenti launches festive promo, offers 4GB for EUR 14
- Two left dead by torrential rains and flooding in southern Spain
- Spanish unemployment sees first November rise in three years
- US developer planning mega-resort outside Madrid
- Spain to hike taxes on tobacco, alcohol and soft drinks to raise €8 billion
- Spain PM says must maintain policy of fiscal consolidation
- Bullish Spanish opposition calls on government to repeal “gag law”
- Spain's consumer prices rise 0.7 pct in Oct
- Lidl opens pop-up restaurant in Madrid