How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Thursday 6 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
RENFE to Strike on Friday 3rd August
Unions representing Spain's railway workers have called a strike on Friday of this week - the 3rd August.
Employees want to show their opposition to the recently announced plans to divide the state-operated RENFE into four separate companies to cover Passenger transport; Commercial freight; Maintenance and rolling stock.
The Unions and their representatives are concerned that this measure is intended to manoeuvre the sector into a position where it can be quickly and easily privatised.
The Government has imposed minimum services of 75% for all AVE and long distance trains; 67% for shorter journeys; 60% for rush hour train journeys in and around the capital, with 42% of all other services remaining unaffected for the rest of the day.
Picket lines have been announced for Friday of this week, with a further strike due to take place on September 17th.
Latest News & Stories
- Property prices fall 37% since 2007 highs
- Interior Ministry to install “anti-climb mesh” on Ceuta and Melilla borders
- Rajoy offers last-minute support for Merkel’s choice in EU vote
- Spain approves larger U.S. force at base
- Spain struggles to pull together multibillion euro highway bail-out
- Spain airport operator AENA eyes IPO this year
- Spanish Transport Federation Denounces British Transport Tax
- Spain marks 10th anniversary of Madrid bombings
- Spain sees closure of 27 bars per day during crisis
- Spain revamps debt rules to help struggling companies