How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 26 May 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
RENFE to Strike on Friday 3rd August
Unions representing Spain's railway workers have called a strike on Friday of this week - the 3rd August.
Employees want to show their opposition to the recently announced plans to divide the state-operated RENFE into four separate companies to cover Passenger transport; Commercial freight; Maintenance and rolling stock.
The Unions and their representatives are concerned that this measure is intended to manoeuvre the sector into a position where it can be quickly and easily privatised.
The Government has imposed minimum services of 75% for all AVE and long distance trains; 67% for shorter journeys; 60% for rush hour train journeys in and around the capital, with 42% of all other services remaining unaffected for the rest of the day.
Picket lines have been announced for Friday of this week, with a further strike due to take place on September 17th.
Latest News & Stories
- Vodafone Spain to start offering Telefonica indirect fibre
- Spain arrests 30 suspected of laundering money in bitcoin centres
- Passenger flight dodges three drones before landing in Bilbao
- Almost 30% of Spaniards at risk of poverty or social exclusion
- Spain tops euro zone for political risk to the economy, says ECB
- 30 arrests in Spain for pay-TV piracy
- Spain's centre-right PP to strengthen position in election - poll
- Popular Party faces freeze on assets if it fails to pay €1.2m civil bond
- Spain trade deficit falls 10.6% in March y/y
- Security fears hit Thomas Cook as tourists choose Spain over Turkey