How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Tuesday 21 October 2014
- Mr Grumpy v Angeles Duran
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Castellon Airport sculpture 127,000 over budget
Work has now been finished on the controversial and unpopular statue of Carlos Fabra, situated on the roundabout immediately in front of the terminal building at Castellon Airport.
The 25 mt high, 20 tonne bronze sculpture has now had the scaffolding surrounding the structure removed following the placement of a stainless steel model airplane at it's highest point. Although it has been widely reported that the statue / sculpture is of the president of Aerocas - the company behind the development of the airport - and former President of the Province of Castellon, Carlo Fabra, this has been denied by the artist.
Barely 4 weeks ago headlines in the Spanish press mocked the model being manoeuvred into position, noting the "arrival of the first airplanes at Castellon Airport".
It was also suggested that the cost of the sculpture as overrun the 300,000 budget by some 127,000, although none of this has yet been paid to Juan Rippolles, the artist.
Latest News & Stories
- Biometric Security to be implemented at Spain-Gibraltar border
- Murcia to pay EU7 Mln in Corvera Airport Interest by end 2014
- Easyjet Flight to Malaga "too heavy to fly"
- 12.3% of Working Spaniards "Under Poverty Line"
- "Only Catalan premier can call early elections"
- 50 immigrants breach Spain's African frontier
- Thousands of Catalans crowd Barcelona to call for early elections
- Jet2 linked to Castellon Airport
- Lidl Spain Defends Underpricing WIne
- Seville school faces trial for refusing of gay couples child
- Applying for an EHIC Card as a Spanish Resident
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Car Rental in Spain