How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
...you can learn Spanish at a variety of locations across Spain, online or residential and day courses in Spain?
Regardless of your standard, and whatever level you wish to reach Don Quijote has a program to suit your needs!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Thursday 28 July 2016
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Castellon Airport sculpture 127,000 over budget
Work has now been finished on the controversial and unpopular statue of Carlos Fabra, situated on the roundabout immediately in front of the terminal building at Castellon Airport.
The 25 mt high, 20 tonne bronze sculpture has now had the scaffolding surrounding the structure removed following the placement of a stainless steel model airplane at it's highest point. Although it has been widely reported that the statue / sculpture is of the president of Aerocas - the company behind the development of the airport - and former President of the Province of Castellon, Carlo Fabra, this has been denied by the artist.
Barely 4 weeks ago headlines in the Spanish press mocked the model being manoeuvred into position, noting the "arrival of the first airplanes at Castellon Airport".
It was also suggested that the cost of the sculpture as overrun the 300,000 budget by some 127,000, although none of this has yet been paid to Juan Rippolles, the artist.
Latest News & Stories
- Spains six leading banks all set to pass the EUs stress tests
- EU Drops Fiscal Fines and Sanctions against Spain
- EU Orders Spain to Recover Rail Test State Aid
- Spain Registers First Zika Virus Birth in Europe
- Tensions Heat Up Between NATO Allies as Spain and UK Spat Over Gibraltar
- Spain poised to grow 2.9 percent in 2016
- Vodafone Spain service revenues up for 1st time since 2008
- Manifesto calls on politicians to avoid third election
- Spains Audit Office says 300 million a year being paid to deceased pensioners
- New flights announced Birmingham - Spain
- Applying for an EHIC Card as a Spanish Resident
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Car Rental in Spain