How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily Brief - Monday 10 March 2014
- QROPS 2014
- Mr Grumpy is Intolerant
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Join us for FREE IHT advice in Murcia & Costa Calida
- Gibraltar Relations
- Pensioners 'misled' by Co-op Bank
- UK Inflation no problem for Governor Carney
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
Despite the Euphoria One Must Remain Cautious
"Not as bad as expected" economic data from the US – possibly indicating that the world's largest economy would not slip back into recession
A positive if lacklustre start to Q3 corporate earnings season, and most importantly signs that European policy makers may actually put their differences aside and attempt to save the euro zone concept have led to the largest rally of the year so far with equity markets rallying over 12 in as many days.
Even sovereign debt yields have risen despite being underpinned by Bank of England's £75 billion extension to its bond purchase programme.
However give the markets current fickle state and low tolerance for negative news we advise caution at this time.
Should the EU (read France and Germany) simply kick the credit can further down the road rather than crush it once and for all, markets may react negatively and potentially violently. Let us not forget that many believed us to be staring into the abyss only two weeks ago.
More Blogs By David Evans
- How to get your professional qualification recognised in Spain
- SIP Cards and Means Tested Prescriptions in Spain
- Can I claim compensation if my flight to Spain is cancelled or delayed ?
- Dangerous Dogs in Spain
- Applying for an EU Grant for your Business
- Fiestas in Spain
- Cosmetic Surgery in Spain
- Duty Free Allowances
- Applying for an EHIC Card as a Spanish Resident
- Should I Take Out Life Insurance ?
- Working for a UK Employer in Spain
- Claiming Child Benefits