How To Guides
- Childbirth & Education
- Legal Formalities
- Pensions & Benefits
- Property & Accommodation
Did you know...?
... Telefonica are NOT the only service provider of Telephone Lines, Internet Access or Mobile Phones?
Tumbit recommends Telitec Communications. Find out how Telitec Communications can help you here!
- Airports and Airlines Spain
- Paramount Theme Park Murcia Spain
- Corvera International Airport Murcia Spain
- Daily brief -Wednesday 7 October 2015
- When Expat Eyes Are Smiling
- Meet Wincham at The Homes, Gardens & Lifestyle Show, Calpe
- QROPS 2014
- Spain Increases IHT in Valencia & Murcia
- Removals to Spain v Exports from Spain
- The Charm of Seville
- Gibraltar Relations
- Retiro Park : Madrid
- Wincham announce opening of Marbella office
- Community Insurance in Spain
- Calendar Girls
- Considerations when Insuring your Boat in Spain
- QROPS – HMRC Introduces changes that create havoc in the market place
- QROPS – All Change From April 2012
Germany Falls under the Investor Spot Light
The UK and Germany have been seen as the safer havens in Europe since the debt crisis begun. The UK, because of its isolation from the Euro; Germany because of the strength and dominance of its economy within in the euro zone. Government bond yields have reflected this with the UK and German ten-year bonds yielding around 2% whilst every other country nearer 4% and above.
However yesterday, Germany suffered one of its worst debt sales since the formation of the single currency, as investors bulked at the lowly yield on offer given the perception that Germany may not be as insulated as initially thought.
Such news forces one to speculate that should Germany succumb to further risk speculation, the UK could follow potentially taking the sheen off the UK Gilt market, one of the few positive performing asset classes this year. Indeed with the BoE now unsure about their falling-inflation forecast, gilt prices may start to come under some pressure and yields may rise again.
- Glossary of useful Legal, Financial & Procedural Phrases
- Capital Gains Tax in Spain
- Duty Free Allowances
- Benefits in Spain and 'La Ley de Dependencia'
- The Nota Simple - What it does and where to get it
- Complementary Taxes
- Voting by post in Spanish elections
- State Subsidised Holidays For Pensioners
- Making a will in Spain
- How and When to Submit your Spanish Resident Tax Return
- Applying for an EHIC Card as a Spanish Resident
- The 'EHIC' Card Explained